General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Critique Please Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-20 8:18 PM

Subject: Diet Critique Please
I have spent lots, and lots of time in the past few months trying to find out what works for me and what doesn't. I thought I had enough, but maybe, who knows, I didn't. After I bonked and almost fell off my bike this Tuesday, I decided maybe I should add more to my diet.

Basically, I train intentionally 4 days a week, running ~6 miles on Monday and Thursday, and biking ~30 on Tuesday and Friday. Average speeds are perhaps 6 and 18 miles per hour respectively, runs take about an hour, rides a little less than two. Some days on weekends I'll go for a light run or ride if I'm bored or a friend wants company.

I'm around 165lbs and fairly heavily muscled, with perhaps ~14-16% body fat, which would be nice to decrease. I have trouble getting enough calories, and eat tons of fiber and water filled foods, so I never "feel" hungry even though I may burn substantially more than I eat in a given day, which leaves me A: destroyed for the next day, or hungry as hell the following morning. Coming from a more bodybuilding oriented background, I think I'm getting too much protein and too little carbs to sustain major endurance activity, take a look at the following and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Attachments
----------------
Nutrition Log.xls (27KB - 26 downloads)
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Diet Critique Please Rss Feed