General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition, rest - or just my own fault... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-10-26 3:18 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Sydney
Subject: Nutrition, rest - or just my own fault...
Just come back from a personal training session in the gym (on a separate note its great, has done wonders for my core strength muscular co-ordination etc). Really faded about 45mins in (though was working hard and anaerobically for a lot of that period).

Could it be:-
- Ran and swam yesterday and didn't eat enough carbs afterwards? Breakfast (cereal) after the run and a Gatorade after the swim then dinner about an hour or so later
- Just went too hard?
- Still need to work on my endurance?

Think it might be a combo of i) and ii), if that's the case I just refuelled really well after this session (fruit juice, banana, power bar) will that be enough to restore glycogen to train tomorrow or am I going to have to take a rest day?

Would appreciate thoughts, I know the best thing is probably just to go for the run in the morning and see how after feel after the first km but would like to be a bit more scientific!

Thanks!!!

2005-10-26 10:56 AM
in reply to: #272530

Veteran
Dallas, Texas
Subject: RE: Nutrition, rest - or just my own fault...
Could be all of the above. Could be lack of sleep. Could be that you didn't eat enough before going to the gym. Could be you weren't well hydrated. Etc.

Bill
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Nutrition, rest - or just my own fault... Rss Feed