Other Resources My Cup of Joe » It's a small world Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-04 9:24 AM

Veteran
Subject: It's a small world
I was reading about IMFL this morning and saw that someone mentioned Bruce from Dragon Sports being at the Expo. I remember a couple of years ago wandering into the store in Pensacola, Florida when I was in town for some training prior to going to Iraq. I heard a voice behind me say, "I know you!" Turned around and saw that it was a guy I had served with in the military ten years earlier. First question out of my mouth was, "What are you doing here?" Answer, "I own this place." (Shameless plug inserted here, anyone in the area need anything go see Bruce, he is a good guy)

Anyway, I have a couple of similar stories that point out how small of a world it is that we live in. Anyone else have a similar story to share?

2005-11-04 9:51 AM
in reply to: #277956

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: RE: It's a small world

Yep.  Was doing my first Oly this year, at Stonebridge Ranchin McKinney, Texas....9 hours away from home.  My parents were there to see me race.  Right after I crossed the finish line, my mom said "There's someone here you need to say hello to." 

As it turns out, it was a friend from high school who I hadn't seen since graduation in 1988.  He lives in Missouri and had also traveled a long way for this race, and neither of us had any idea each other would be there or were even involved in tris, as we had not seen each other or talked in 17 years.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » It's a small world Rss Feed