General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit help... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-04 10:27 AM

User image

New user

Edgewater, NJ
Subject: Wetsuit help...
Hi All.

I'm relatively new to the world of triathlons and I am looking into buying a wetsuit for next season...problem is, i do not know a thing about them!

At this point, I am not super competitive, so I'm guessing that I don't need a top of the line wetsuit. That being said, I dont want to skimp either...any suggestions as to what suit will give me the biggest bang for my buck?

Any other information (where is the best place to buy them? are there any features that are necessary? is there anything i should know about the fit?) would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

2005-11-04 10:50 AM
in reply to: #278052

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: Wetsuit help...
I personally own a desoto ( www.desotosports.com ) brand wetsuit but it seems to me that most people looking for a combination of comfort, utility, and price go with promotion wetsuits ( www.wetsuit.com ). At promotion, we get a 15% discount I believe.

Check this link out, to see our discount partners ( http://beginnertriathlete.com/cms/index.asp?catid=83). You will probably want to buy a wetsuit from one of those places. I bought my desoto wetsuit at trisports with the trisports discount code.

The best ideal situation is if you can find a local place and try them on. Not all of them fit the same. If you can't do that, I would email the manufuctuer with your measurements, like hip size, leg length, etc. and get a size from them. Then go around and see if you can get a better price.

In regards to the type of wetsuit, I would go with one that cover the legs. Most people have a problem with sinking legs and this will help. On top, it really depends. There are studies that show that long sleeve on the arms are the fastest and most efficient. I think it will really depend on temperature (the lower in the ocean the more likely you will want long sleeve) and also preference (some people don't like the restrictive feeling of long sleeve).

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Wetsuit help... Rss Feed