General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for the Chicago Folks.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-08 2:47 PM

Subject: Question for the Chicago Folks..
Hello!
I've been in Los Angeles for about 9 years and am considering relocating to Chicago, if my company approves a transfer. My office would be downtown, and I'd probably try to live nearby. I'm just wondering how your training is affected by the city, weather and any other factors. I live in Hollywood now, which is not the most training-friendly environment.
I grew up running in Naperville, and actually enjoyed the cold weather training when I was young.
I guess I'm just fishing for some thoughts, or someone to tell me that I'm crazy!
Thanks!!

2005-11-08 3:25 PM
in reply to: #280781

User image

Champion
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Question for the Chicago Folks..
It'll be way colder than when you were growing up, but you'll re-acclimatize within 2-3 years.

I doubt downtown Chicago will be much different than Hollywood. I've seen people running/biking/skating through Lincoln park, Grant park, and most of the other green space all the time.

2005-11-08 4:22 PM

User image

Regular
Naperville, IL
It'll be way colder than when you were growing up, but you'll re-acclimatize within 2-3 years.

I doubt downtown Chicago will be much different than Hollywood. I've seen people running/biking/skating through Lincoln park, Grant park, and most of the other green space all the time.

Yup. Just like Hollywood. You'll hardly notice the difference.
2005-11-08 4:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Woodridge, IL (Chicago)
The lake front is great for running but can get quite hectic for biking especially during the summer. Naperville isn't so bad. We do some training rides out there during the spring and summer and really dont have a problem.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Question for the Chicago Folks.. Rss Feed