General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swimming for an old(ish) swimmer but a new tri'er Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-19 5:30 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Dorset
Subject: swimming for an old(ish) swimmer but a new tri'er
I would say that swimming and running are my strong points, running i have been working on separatly for a while now, before i was thinking about tri's so i am pleased with my current trainning for that. For swimming, i used to swim all the time, but had a big break, but now i am back into it and can do 750m in under 15mins freestyle (i don't know if thats good or not??? but i am working upto 1500, but i may try it on wednesday). However, I am not sure exactly how i should train, that probably sounds a bit silly but should i work to a variable schedule like all drills one day, constant swim another, leg and arm floats??? etc??? I want to get the most out of every session, and i figure it should be like running i.e. short fast runs, long slow runs, hills etc... but how to apply that to swimming?????

Also I was interested in the Total Immersion method, does anyone have experience with this?

Any help would be great

Andy

2004-04-19 10:33 PM
in reply to: #20139

Hammond, La
Subject: RE: swimming for an old(ish) swimmer but a new tri'er

GET THE VIDEO then it will all make sense at least for me it did.

NOGILLS

2004-04-20 1:35 AM
in reply to: #20139

User image

Veteran
San Diego, CA
Subject: RE: swimming for an old(ish) swimmer but a new tri'er
Ginger,
Definitely, the total immersion video will be a great help to you.
Also, I offer a plan on my website for swim training for an Olympic Distance or Half Ironman race.
You can check it out at http://www.triswimcoach.com/tsc/completeguide_whitebg.html.

Good luck!
Kevin
www.triswimcoach.com

Edited by Tri Swim Coach 2004-04-20 1:36 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » swimming for an old(ish) swimmer but a new tri'er Rss Feed