General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help - Ford Half Ironman Florida! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-10 9:37 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Delray Beach, FL
Subject: Help - Ford Half Ironman Florida!
Hi: I am working on my 2006 training schedule. I am considering on making the Disney HIM (May 2006) my A race... maybe 2 Olys as my B races, 1 sprint as my C race...
What do you think about this race? Did you like it? I know hot weather is an issue (but I do train in FL year round). Great Floridian (Half) Clermont in October is another option (harder due to the hills) but it is kind of difficult for me to train for HIM after August due to work schedule and hurricane season (a killer for training here in FL).

Any Ideas? Thanks for your help!
Mary

2005-11-11 4:58 AM
in reply to: #282322

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
Subject: RE: Help - Ford Half Ironman Florida!
I did it. Was my first 1/2, and although I expected it to be better organized, it was a good race. The water was warm but visibility was limited to the extension of your arm. The bike was mostly flat, and the run was HOT....think it was 91F. Lots of volunteers along the course, lots of encouragement, and a very good time.

I stayed in a condo about 5 miles from Disney. Looking back, I wish I had stayed on the property.

If FL wasn't so far from home, I'd go again.
2005-11-11 10:07 AM
in reply to: #282882

User image

Extreme Veteran
Delray Beach, FL
Subject: RE: Help - Ford Half Ironman Florida!
Thanks for your post!!! It is kind of nerve racking to pick your fist big race. I do not like open water swimming and lake swiming is better for me altough I heard you can taste the fuel in the water I'll keep the hotel tip in mind
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help - Ford Half Ironman Florida! Rss Feed