Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Q on the strength training menus Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-11-19 8:59 AM

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Subject: Q on the strength training menus

I'm new to the gym, and just went through an orientation with an instructor.  There are a few exercises that we did that I want to add to my blogs, but I'm not sure what the selection would be in the blog's pulldown menus.  I'll try to describe the exercises as best I can.

One was called "Rear Delts" where you sit on a bench, press your chest against a bumper, and grab 2 handles in front of your chest.  The handles and arms of the machine swing outward, so that your arms go from being straight in front of you to straight and open to the side (your upper body forms a T shape).

The other was called "Lat Raise" where you again sit on a bench and press your chest against a bumper.  You put your arms in the machine, where there are 2 bumpers on your outer upper arm and your hands grab handles just in front.  You then raise and lower your arms, sort of like a wing flapping motion.

I want to fill out my blogs as accurately as possible, so any help is appreciated! 

2005-11-19 1:37 PM
in reply to: #288559

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Q on the strength training menus

I know what machines you're talking about and tried searching some databases on the net for exact terminology...no luck.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/exercises.htm is a good general referance though with pictures of MOST (not yours though) common exercises...seems to be lacking in the machine exercises.

Anybody else know?  I'll add it to the list.

Possible for the first: "Machine Rear Delt row"
The last one ALMOST sounds like a "Machine Side Shoulder Raise" - Is the resistance when you go up or down?...If it's up, then it's most likely shoulders, if it's down, then its probably a lateral exercise similiar to a lat pulldown...does it feel like it stretches your chest?

2005-11-19 8:35 PM
in reply to: #288646

User image

Elite
Tucson, AZ
Ron - 2005-11-19 10:37 AM

The last one ALMOST sounds like a "Machine Side Shoulder Raise" - Is the resistance when you go up or down?...If it's up, then it's most likely shoulders, if it's down, then its probably a lateral exercise similiar to a lat pulldown...does it feel like it stretches your chest?

The resistance on that one was when the arms go up.  It really tired my arms out.  And yeah, I felt some stretching in the chest as well.

Thanks for trying to find it! 

2005-11-19 9:12 PM
in reply to: #288771

User image

Champion
Gold member

I added both to shoulders under 'machine...'

I assume you were doing delt stuff instead of lat stuff for that last exercise from your descriptions.

New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Q on the strength training menus Rss Feed