Other Resources My Cup of Joe » End of the Semester! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-21 10:43 PM

User image

Regular
North Carolina, USA
Subject: End of the Semester!
So as the end of the semester is winding down here, I find myself load with so much work. Will somebody tell me why profs decide to load on all the projects, exams, papers, etc at the end of the semester? All I want to do is pack and go home and train.

However, on a better note, I do have to say this, I was recently elected President of Kappa Delta Pi. KDP is an honorary teaching society here on campus for people that are going into the field of education. So fall semester I will spend it residing as the head honcho before heading out to do my student teaching. Aww yeah, I can't wait for that. Anyways, I hope all you other students are doing well in school and don't let the work get you down. I'm out, time to continue writing about No Child Left Behind. Later.

Cory

2004-04-21 11:13 PM
in reply to: #20634

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: End of the Semester!
As I recall, most of the projects were assigned far in advance. I just put them off until then end. Good luck getting to the end. Congrats on the presidency. See you when you get home.
2004-04-22 4:28 AM

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431

good luck Cory.  If it helps you knowing that I am in the same boat, and also write on "No Child Left Behind"  LOL.  Mine's for a state government class, not for education although I'm sure I'll be writing more on that topic when I start my Ed. classes.

Good luck, you're almost there!

2004-04-22 7:40 AM

User image

Expert
Torrington,CT
Congratulations to both of you!!!!

My son is a junior at Cheshire Academy (we had to take him out of public H.S., but that's another story) He is also approaching the end of the semester, and feeling a pinch of stress.
But, I believe he also saves the work till the end. I think his motto is "Don't do it today if you can do it tomorrow"

Remember summer will soon be upon us and all that work will be done and you can then concentrate on the fun of the TRI!

Ellen -- Oh my goodness, I just saw your other thread with your summer load. You are so MOTIVATED!! I planned on taking a computer course this Fall and thought that was good, I wish I had your energy.

Evelyn

Edited by evrunning 2004-04-22 7:46 AM
2004-04-22 11:17 AM

User image

Elite Veteran
northern Illinois
ummm.... We do it to give you the best possible chance to demonstrate all that you know -which is presumably after learning about a subject for 16 weeks. If it's any consolation, professors hate it almost as much as you do -and the grading is no picnic. When you're off for the summer, we're still in our offices looking at piles of blue books -every one of which can be construed to be a statement about our effectiveness as teachers.

Andrea
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » End of the Semester! Rss Feed