General Discussion Race Reports! » Mile High United Way Turkey Trot 4 miler Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

Mile High United Way Turkey Trot 4 miler - Run

View Member's Race Log View other race reports
Denver, Colorado
United States
55F / 13C
Sunny
Total Time = 36m 41s
Overall Rank = 579/1876
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

The overall results are for women. And they're based off of my gun time, which is 2 minutes long (36:41 is my real time based on my chip). The way they published the results is just really annoying. They ranked us by our gun times, even though our chip times are the times we actually took to run it. And I wish they would have integrated men and women.
Event warmup:

None! Walked to see if we could find the finish line, waited in line for the bathroom. Didn't do much else.
Run
  • 00m
  • 4 miles
  •  min/mile
Comments:

I passed more people than passed me. So that was good. I even saw one of the girls from my marathon training group. I ran at a constant pace the whole time and screamed and waved my arms at my dad and my boyfriend at the finish line. My mom, Jessica, some of Jessica's friends, and myself all ran in it. My dad and my brother volunteered, and my boyfriend and my little sister watched and cheered. It was a great family event!
What would you do differently?:

Not a whole lot. I was able to pass people when I needed to, and people were able to pass me when they needed to. Overall, it was a really fun race!
Post race
Warm down:

Walked around and got the free stuff! They had this "naked" brand juice, and some of the mixes were just wierd. Others were pretty good.

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Hmm... probably not tapering. But I'm more concerned with making this part of my marathon training. So no tapering for me.

Event comments:

A great family event! I really enjoyed myself. I rated it "too easy" because I'm training for a marathon, so 4 miles is nothing. But it was a lot of fun.

Last updated: 2005-11-24 12:00 AM
Running
00:00:00 | 04 miles |  min/mile
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 0/1876
Performance: Good
Course: Flat. Just a couple REALLY small hills. Ran around the park and then backtracked on the running trail inside the park. Ran around a quant little park. Some of the people with houses on the route brought out big speakers and watched the race while drinking their beer out of little red cups. It was pretty fun! But very crowded.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 4
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Too easy
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Average
Race evaluation [1-5] 5

{postbutton}
2005-11-24 5:29 PM

Fort Collins
Subject: Mile High United Way Turkey Trot 4 miler

2005-11-25 10:33 AM
in reply to: #291828

User image

Extreme Veteran
Centennial, CO
Subject: RE: Mile High United Way Turkey Trot 4 miler
Go Jodi - Go Jodi!!!  You rock - ok maybe I'm biased because I'm your mother - but still.....You still Rock!!!!

2005-11-25 11:25 AM

User image

Expert
Herndon VA
Congratulations on a great race. There's nothing like running with and in front of family. Keep up the great work.

Ernie
2005-11-25 7:34 PM

User image

Master
Denver
Nice race. Pretty quick. So you were the discoing out at the party house...
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Mile High United Way Turkey Trot 4 miler Rss Feed