General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Joining in, a tale of woe Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2003-10-13 11:27 AM

New user

Melbourne, East Central Florida
Subject: Joining in, a tale of woe
Hello everyone. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Mark DeCotis, a 52-year-old budding first-timer who came ohh so close to racing in his first event last weekend only to be sidetracked by a viral infection. The good news is the doc's exam discovered exercise-induced asthma (which explained a lot.) So, first tri will have to wait which gives me more time to work on my swim. In fact I am starting over with TI, doing first set of drills today. Meanwhile also will do my third century ride on 10/26.

Live in Melbourne in East Central Florida. I am the sports editor for Florida Today newspaper's non-daily products, and the auto racing writer for the daily newspaper - Florida Today. I do a lot of writing about tris, running, cycling, for both sets of newspapers.

2003-10-13 4:08 PM
in reply to: #1183

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Joining in, a tale of woe

hope to read about that century ride!!!

oh yeah...exercise induced asthma, sounds like a paradox.  i have a very mild touch of that myself...pollens, being outside...who would of thought that would be bad!!!

good luck!!!

2003-10-13 4:09 PM

User image

Central Louisiana
Don't get discouraged, things like that just build character and you'll just savor the moment even more when it happens. I am traveling to the good old state of Florida this weekend to do the Emerald Coast Sprint. It should be interesting, I have been sick for the last two weeks and the week before that I was out of town. Going to go and have a good time and try to finish another one.

Can't wait to hear your first race report!

Still Tri'n
Michael
2003-10-15 8:15 AM

New user

Subject: RE: Joining in, a tale of woe/Strep
I'm ready to scream. First viral infection and EIA and now a mild case of strep!

Will it ever end?

And if that's not all, I've got a corneal transplant scheduled for oct. 30.

I must have angered the tri gods.
2003-10-15 8:52 AM
in reply to: #1221

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: make the gods happy...
set up a transition area in your living room, light some inscence, burn candles and chant some mantras...your luck may change...
2003-10-15 9:10 AM

New user

I'll try about anything right now!

Thanks

2003-10-20 7:57 AM
in reply to: #1227

User image

Central Louisiana
I'll follow up with a race report from this last weekend, that deals with being sick and not getting to train but still going out to compete.

Still Tri'n
Michael
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Joining in, a tale of woe Rss Feed