General Discussion Triathlon Talk » wetsuit Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-26 3:19 PM

User image

Expert
Torrington,CT
Subject: wetsuit
I've been reading the sites, and some of you people have recommended renting a wetsuit for your first tri. Where would I go to do this? There is a CT Tri towards the end of June, but I've been afraid to enter because I know what the water will be like CHILLLLLY!!!!

Thanks,
Evelyn

2004-04-26 4:07 PM
in reply to: #21422

Extreme Veteran
Fort Wayne, IN
Subject: RE: wetsuit
I asked this same question a little earlier on a different thread and was told that Trisports.com rents them.  I haven't called them yet but I plan on it.  Same reason as you for wanting one though.  I am wanting to do a Tri in June and I know the water will be lower 70's at best.
2004-04-26 4:38 PM
in reply to: #21422

Veteran
South Orange, NJ
Subject: RE: wetsuit
I spoke with someone at Trisports recently. The deal as explained to me was that for $50 they would ship you a wetsuit that must be returned within 5 days. The shipment to you would be in time for your race. The $50 cost could be applied anytime within a year toward the purchase price of a suit.

I think the only way I would go for this is if I had tried on the exact suit locally and could not afford the purchase now. I got worried about fit and comfort, and exact size. Not to mention the inability to try it more than 2 days before the event. While clearly it is an interesting idea, I'll be picking up last years model (on sale) locally after spending an afternoon putting them on and taking them off, making sure of a perfect fit.

Edited by stevenrh 2004-04-26 4:38 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » wetsuit Rss Feed