General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Anyone in Orlando training for Vineman Half Ironman? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-12-15 11:14 PM

New user

Subject: Anyone in Orlando training for Vineman Half Ironman?
I just registered for the Vineman Half Ironman in California and am excited/terrified at the same time! I have done a lot of Sprints and Olympic size triathlons and want to do a full Ironman before I'm 40. I am now 35 and thought it would be a good idea to do the half first.

Is there anyone in O town planning on doing this race? It would be nice to get together on occasion for the long training days and the moral support wouldn't hurt.

I'm using the training guide I found on this site and will start the training program at the end of February.

In the meantime I am learning a lot from this site.

2005-12-16 6:38 AM
in reply to: #306513

User image

Extreme Veteran
Eagleville,
Subject: RE: Anyone in Orlando training for Vineman Half Ironman?

I just want to say welcome to the site.  You will find great information here, and if you can't find it, just ask and someone will have an answer for you to anything you can think of.  I know that there are a lot of BTers in Florida, but I don't know of any in Orlando, that I can recall. 

Good luck on making your goals, I have the similar ones, with about the same amount of time left.

Dirk

2005-12-17 7:44 PM
in reply to: #306561

New user

Thanks Dirk! My roller coaster ride has already begun. I started second guessing myself today. Oh well, I've already paid my registration so now I'm committed
2005-12-17 8:57 PM

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
I don't live in Orlando, but I'd did the race this last year and if you have any questions I'd be happy to try and help. It's a great race, you will be happy you did it. I am planning on returning this year as well. Plan to go a few days early, drive the course, it will really help. It's very well organized and well supported! Great FUN! Good CHOICE!!!

2005-12-19 3:57 PM

User image

I live in northwest central florida and am going to ramp up training again in jan. Always looking for people to train with in the area. Do have some experience with 4 1/2's and 1 full IM and a bunch of shorter races. Would be glad to train with you some or share some of the experience that I have. Just let me know
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Anyone in Orlando training for Vineman Half Ironman? Rss Feed