General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Q: electrolyte replacement drink vs. gel Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-12-16 1:02 AM

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: Newbie Q: electrolyte replacement drink vs. gel
I have a newbie question regarding the electrolyte replacement drink vs. energy gel. I just ordered the cliff shot one and noticed that the ingredients are pretty much the same as the powerbar gels I use.

Does the drink replace the gels or are they suppose to be used concurrently? Do I still need to drink water or the cliff shot drink is all I need?

2005-12-16 10:23 AM
in reply to: #306529

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Newbie Q: electrolyte replacement drink vs. gel
Well you will get a variety of answers, but this is what I do......you will probably have to experiment a little and see what works for you and what you prefer.

Typically on a longer run or running during a race. I use the clif shots wash them down with some water (you should drink water with these not electrolyte drink). When I'm riding I usually have one bottle water and one electrolyte drink. I prefer to drink electrolyte drink while riding but when its hot I also use the water to cool my body off. Clif Shots are easy to carry and great if you don't have access to electrolyte drinks. I do occasionally use clif shots while riding, but more for running....

Like I said everyone does it a little differently.....

2005-12-16 11:15 AM
in reply to: #306866

User image

Pro
Los Angeles, CA
Subject: RE: Newbie Q: electrolyte replacement drink vs. gel
Thanks, I'll experiment a little but i'll try and use your method as a starting block.
Tri-It - 2005-12-16 8:23 AMWell you will get a variety of answers, but this is what I do......you will probably have to experiment a little and see what works for you and what you prefer. Typically on a longer run or running during a race. I use the clif shots wash them down with some water (you should drink water with these not electrolyte drink). When I'm riding I usually have one bottle water and one electrolyte drink. I prefer to drink electrolyte drink while riding but when its hot I also use the water to cool my body off. Clif Shots are easy to carry and great if you don't have access to electrolyte drinks. I do occasionally use clif shots while riding, but more for running....Like I said everyone does it a little differently.....
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Newbie Q: electrolyte replacement drink vs. gel Rss Feed