General Discussion Triathlon Talk » no more stitch.. Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-27 7:50 PM

User image

Veteran
New Orleans, LA / Lafayette, LA
Subject: no more stitch..
Today I ran a full 4 miles without stopping to walk at all---a new break through for me. What's more, I didn't get a stitch in my side. I'm not sure what I've done differently the last two times I've run, but for whatever reason, I'm not getting that dreadful pain. Hooray!! That's all I have to say about it. Does anyone know what causes that stitch?
Also, I had my first meat today in for-e-ver. For some reason I became this sort of undeclared vegetarian for the last few weeks. Let me tell you, that turkey wrap sure tasted good!!!!!!!!!

2004-04-27 8:48 PM
in reply to: #21634

Veteran
Keller, TX
Subject: RE: no more stitch..

don't think anyone knows what causes the stitch for sure.  I asked Joe Friel about it - he said there was no definitive cause for it nor a definitive way to get rid of it.

I get rid of it by breathing out on the footstrokes on the opposite side of the stitch (my stitch is usually a right side stitch so I breathe out on my left foot).

Good job on making the distance.  I've noticed that the stitch seems to appear less often as my endurance improves.  Just my observations . . .

2004-04-27 10:15 PM
in reply to: #21634

User image

Veteran
Subject: RE: no more stitch..
A bannana a day keeps the stitch away, that and enough water, and a little bit of salt. That is what I was taught. I don't know how true it is, but it works for me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » no more stitch.. Rss Feed