Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Is it wrong to even wonder about this? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2005-12-19 2:34 PM

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane
Subject: Is it wrong to even wonder about this?

I was following a car today which had a very professionally printed bumper sticker on it that read

"A drunk driver killed my 2 aunts"

Now, drunk driving is reprehensible and bad, and this guy's situation is no doubt painful and tragic and my heart goes out to him BUT, I could not help but get a menatl image of a little spinning rack of bumper stickers that all read 

"A drunk driver killed my________" like the little bicycle license plates they sell in touristy gift shops. It just struck me as a very odd product to sell, I suppose MADD or some "worthy" organization like that sells these things, but I can't imagine the catalog.

I'm going straight to hell on a greased phone pole.

2005-12-19 2:50 PM
in reply to: #308300

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis
Subject: RE: Is it wrong to even wonder about this?
Worse yet, I saw a sticker that read, "Thou Shalt Not Kill" and the bible verse referenced under it. Has it gotten so bad that the casual motorist needs this kind of reminder?
2005-12-19 3:01 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Ohio
A few years ago, I was driving one of those 15-passenger vans full of youth from my church on a 5-hour trip. The youth had taken shoe polish and written "honk if you love Jesus" and similar slogans all over the windows. We were stopped at a traffic light in Lexington, KY when I looked over and saw my then-14-year-old son MOONING the car next to us!!! THAT was a sign from God forshadowing the HELL that that kid would put me through in high school. HA!

P.S. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack. Your e-mail made me think about the road rage people I've witnessed with "peaceful" bumper stickers and the hypocrisy....
2005-12-19 3:03 PM
in reply to: #308317

User image

Champion
Two seat rocket plane

Wow! mooning traffic from a church bus! I think you get the "managers special" in hell for that

2005-12-19 3:06 PM

User image

Pro
MAC-opolis
Is your son's name Damien? LOL!!!
2005-12-19 3:48 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Ohio
He graduated in June and now is at college. I just picked him up at the airport yesterday after not seeing him for 2 months. I think I might like him again! ha. Thank goodness my other two boys are not like him!

But on a related note: You were talking about the people with the drunk driving bumper stickers---When people have bumper stickers with bold sayings like that, I'm always curious to pass them and see what they look like.

One of the stupidest things I ever saw was a beat-up conversion van with stickers of marijuana leaves and bumpers stickers for one of the local head shops all over the back doors. I thought, "you are so stupid. Why don't you just put up on a sticker that says 'hey, Officer, pull me over and search my vehicle for probable cause'.".....What an idiot.

2005-12-19 6:08 PM

User image

Wife, Mother, Friend.
South

I saw a bumper sticker that said "Dr. So and so killed my wife".  It had the doctor's name on it. 

My friend approached the driver, found out the story, it was an anesthesialogist in a childbirth case gone horribly wrong (my words, not the driver's, but same outcome).  

I didn't like it. 

2005-12-19 6:19 PM

User image

COURT JESTER
ROCKFORD, IL

My bumper stickers read:

"But Occifer, I've only had Ti Martunii's"

"Of course I'm driving Occifer, I'm in no condition to walk"

"Of course I'm driving Occifer, how else am I suppose to get my car home?"

Okay, hopefully that was taken on the lighter side.        I don't have any bumper stickers.

2005-12-20 9:48 AM
in reply to: #308425

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

Edited by Chris Tree 2005-12-20 9:49 AM
2005-12-20 10:04 AM
in reply to: #308317

Master
Tampa, Fl
Bettylou - 2005-12-19 4:01 PM

A few years ago, I was driving one of those 15-passenger vans full of youth from my church on a 5-hour trip. The youth had taken shoe polish and written "honk if you love Jesus" and similar slogans all over the windows. We were stopped at a traffic light in Lexington, KY when I looked over and saw my then-14-year-old son MOONING the car next to us!!! THAT was a sign from God forshadowing the HELL that that kid would put me through in high school. HA!

P.S. Sorry, I don't mean to hijack. Your e-mail made me think about the road rage people I've witnessed with "peaceful" bumper stickers and the hypocrisy....

Your story made me think of my high school days. I went to a Catholic high school and we were forced to go on a retreat once a year. It was down near sarasota and we were riding in one of those passenger vans. It must have been around spring break time because there were a ton of college age kids passing us. We made signs that said "Honk if your Horny" and things of that nature (really funny to a 17 year old kid). Well the cars passing us (like i said for some reason there were a lot of college kids on the road that day for some reason) would honk their horns and stick their heads of the window to yell and things like that. The head preist of the school was riding in a car behind us and after a while he began to wonder what was going on because of the actions of the cars passing us. He had his driver speed up so he could see what we were doing. I saw him pulling up and quickly grabbed a marker and made a "Honk if you love jesus" sign. He pulls up and looks in the van, sees the sign and gives us a big thumbs up and tells his driver to start honking the horn.
2005-12-20 10:12 AM
in reply to: #308769

Extreme Veteran
Northwest Ohio
rbschlesinger - 2005-12-20 10:04 AM

Bettylou - 2005-12-19 4:01 PM

Your story made me think of my high school days. I went to a Catholic high school and we were forced to go on a retreat once a year. It was down near sarasota and we were riding in one of those passenger vans. It must have been around spring break time because there were a ton of college age kids passing us. We made signs that said "Honk if your Horny" and things of that nature (really funny to a 17 year old kid). Well the cars passing us (like i said for some reason there were a lot of college kids on the road that day for some reason) would honk their horns and stick their heads of the window to yell and things like that. The head preist of the school was riding in a car behind us and after a while he began to wonder what was going on because of the actions of the cars passing us. He had his driver speed up so he could see what we were doing. I saw him pulling up and quickly grabbed a marker and made a "Honk if you love jesus" sign. He pulls up and looks in the van, sees the sign and gives us a big thumbs up and tells his driver to start honking the horn.

LOL. So now you're supposed to tell me that you "turned out okay" and that there is hope for my son, yet....
I keep having people say stuff like that to me and I know that they are thinking to themselves, "I'm glad he's not MY son!" ha!

2005-12-20 10:39 AM

Master
Tampa, Fl
Sorry to worry you. I turned out just fine.
From my experience, teenage boys are trouble when they are by themselves, put more than 3 together at one time and there is always a chance of a riot.
The good news is that we usally grow out of most of the bad behavior or become smart enough to hide it when women are around.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Is it wrong to even wonder about this? Rss Feed