General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tonight I go to my first Teams in Training meeting! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-29 9:51 AM

User image

Regular
South Carolina
Subject: Tonight I go to my first Teams in Training meeting!
Hello everyone!

Tonight I go to my first TNT meeting to find out how the fundraising program works and how a training schedule will work. I'm very excited!

The only thing that could keep me from a triathlon now is if I get pregnant (my husband and I aren't really trying now, but we're not preventing anything either). However, if I do get pregnant between now and then, I will still do my fundraising and at least go be a spectator at an event.

Thank you everyone for kind words and sympathies when my grandmother passed away from lymphoma. I really do feel like this is my responsibility to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Organization in her memory...and do the race in her honor.

~Phoenix

2004-04-29 9:53 AM
in reply to: #21906

Veteran
Keller, TX
Subject: RE: Tonight I go to my first Teams in Training meeting!

Good for you - I'm going to the North Texas kickoff on Sunday to get started.  I'm targeting the Big Kahuna in September in California (1/2 IM).

Good luck - let me know how your program is progressing.

TB

2004-04-29 4:20 PM

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Wonderful choice - the TNT program! You will be making a difference for so many people!

Don't be too shocked when they tell you how much you have to raise though!
2004-04-29 10:14 PM

User image

Regular
South Carolina
I'm pretty pumped up now that I've been to my meeting. And a lot of people there were going to do Tri! Yay!

Actually, for the event I wanted to go to, the fundraising isn't too bad. I was planning on raising $1500, but my event is $2000--I can get that extra $500!

I met my coaches and they seem really cool I'm about to email them for a training regimine now. Yay!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tonight I go to my first Teams in Training meeting! Rss Feed