Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2005-12-29 10:06 AM

Sydney Australia
Subject:

2005-12-29 10:46 AM
in reply to: #313009

User image

Subject: RE: it's back, i'm back
Hey.. nice to see you back, Laura. Yeah, those first few runs will suck, but just think about how they'll feel afterwards! Start tomorrow, and it'll go by faster than you know. Good luck
2005-12-29 11:56 AM
in reply to: #313009

User image

molto veloce mama
Subject: RE: it's back, i'm back
i hear ya. i've been a slug since early november. i had a flu/sinus infection to get over, then the holidays hit. the formula of eat less/exercise more works great for me - unfortunately the opposite is also true, and i've certainly been eating more/exercising hardly at all for about 2 months. i've gained back about 15 lbs.

the good news is that i took nov/dec off last year and i was able to get my act together in time for my first race mid-feb. i've also read several articles that say you should take a few weeks off every year to avoid burnout. i was definately starting to feel some burnout in october, and was still feeling that way at thanksgiving, but now i'm starting to feel like a slob and am itching to get out for a run. i've decided to start until january 1st, and take the time i have left to get everything in order. as of the 1st, i'm back to the sane and healthy life. i loaded up the new nano with all my running mixes, a brand new running mix, and a whole slew of other awesome songs. today i ordered a case of protein powder from the co-op. i took out all my training gear and am organizing it so i know where everything is (no excuses!). i'm putting my yax trax on my trail runners, and new speed-laces on my old shoes from last season. i'll buy new shoes in early feb, so i want to test out laces now so i'll know which one to get for my new shoes. yesterday i ordered a new windbreaker and two new jog bras. i'm posting a new weigh in sheet in the bathroom, starting jan 1 and weighing in just once a week. will be cleaning off the fridge so that the trianing plan is front and center. getting batteries for all my lights. etc. etc. etc. its funny how inspiring just playing with my gear is.
2005-12-29 12:22 PM
in reply to: #313066

Sydney Australia
Subject:
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » it's back, i'm back Rss Feed