General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee injury Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-04-30 10:50 AM

New user

Subject: knee injury
I am looking for a little advice, or anecdotal information on knee injuries. In the past, I have had chondramalacia in one of my knees, and then it went away. Lately, I have had a slight disconfort just above (and on the inside) of the right knee. It isn't pain so much as a little feeling that something isn't correct. I wear a knee strap, and sometimes it helps, and sometimes it does not. Any thoughts or past history here? I haven't stepped up mileage appreciably (less than 10% per week) nor changed much in the terms of workouts. Although, I have stepped down my weight lifting a fair amount, including the legs.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Brendan

2004-04-30 11:24 AM
in reply to: #22134

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: knee injury
Try working on quad strength. Squats, step ups (one foot on phone book and "step up"), wall squats. Strengthening your quads helps your patella to track correctly. If that is not helping, get checked out by your doc & PT!

Good luck
2004-04-30 2:44 PM
in reply to: #22134

User image

Expert
Lafayette, CO
Subject: RE: knee injury
Squats! Lunges and leg extensions will also build the quads and help support the knees.

I blew out my right knee skiing several years ago, and as soon as she saw my knee, she said that I didn't do any major damage, since my quads were so strong. Since then, I've always done step-ups and squats for my knees. I haven't had any major problems since.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » knee injury Rss Feed