General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2 week vacation 2 weeks before 1/2? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-01-04 6:32 PM

User image

Subject: 2 week vacation 2 weeks before 1/2?
Seriously contemplating a 1/2 in my future.  Vineman was mentioned as a good one to do as a first, it's on 7/30, I'm out of the country 7/1 through 7/15 and no tri training will be done....  Any thoughts re: the effects on training/tapering etc.

2006-01-04 7:25 PM
in reply to: #316752

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: 2 week vacation 2 weeks before 1/2?
Congrats on seriously taking on a HIM. I look forward to seeing you at Vineman Half.

The schedule isn't ideal, but you can make it work. I would get in all your key distance workouts (race distance +) before your trip. If you can and if I were you, I would still try to get some workouts in while you're gone. Being out of the country, biking will be difficult, but running is very quick and easy to do while traveling, and knowing you, some form of swimming/diving will be planned.

It'll sort of be like an extra long taper. When you get back, I wouldn't alter much from a standard HIM training plan the last couple of weeks before the race, but I would wait and see how you're feeling when you get back. One more LSD run and bike on separate days near race distance may be in order.

Mike
2006-01-19 5:52 AM
in reply to: #316752

User image

Expert
, District of Columbia
Subject: RE: 2 week vacation 2 weeks before 1/2?
I think it can be done. And I'm sure that you'll at least be able to run.

I like your thought on regrets -- might as well do it and try, then never attempt at all.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 2 week vacation 2 weeks before 1/2? Rss Feed