General Discussion Triathlon Talk » On-line Meal Plans Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-01-20 10:35 AM

New user
Subject: On-line Meal Plans
Call me lazy, but one thing I do not like about the diet, calorie, content, etc...part of training is doing the actual work of figuring out what, how much, and when to eat. I've lost a lot of weight and train a decent amount, so I'm not afraid of the process. But figuring out what to eat doesn't appeal to me.

Is there anywhere online that lists what you should eat, specifically? Rather than saying to eat 30% of this and 20% of that, except on intense days you should eat 40%, etc...is there anywhere that says for an intense work out day you should eat a turkey sandwich, yogurt, and almonds for lunch, and such and such for dinners, snacks, and breakfast.

I believe I know how many calories I need, but I guess I'm lazy and don't want to do the thinking work regarding nutrition.

2006-01-20 10:54 AM
in reply to: #328174

User image

Expert
Subject: RE: On-line Meal Plans
I don't know of one but this would be useful for me too. Maybe we can all work together and come up with our own list of meal plans.

Mike
2006-01-20 11:53 AM
in reply to: #328206

User image

Veteran
Kalamazoo, MI
I'll start (if this is what you had in mind):

B: 1 can vegetable juice, 1 cup oatmeal (with milk or water), 1 tbsp. peanut butter

Snack: Guacamole w/celery, or broccoli w/a little bit of ranch dressing & a few pistachios

L: Homemade soup, 1/2 c. of chicken (canned or cubed)

Snack: Apple w/cheese

D: Fish (talapia or salmon), sugar snap peas, mashed cauliflower

I follow this basic format each day and change up my meats and fruits/veggies for variety. I hope this helps! If more people add, we can pick & choose from each persons plan to come up with a tailor-made plan !
2006-01-20 12:18 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran

Try this  www.savingdinner.com

It is a subscription service, but inexpensive.  It is awsome!  You subscribe to one of the menus.  There is family of four, low carb, crockpot, etc...It gives you the weekly shopping list, the recipes, and the nutritional breakdown.  The recipes change by the season and i love it!  Every meal is healthy and tasty and you do not often repeat menus.  It is nice because there is never any doubt about what you are having, the list is there for the store and you know what the nutritional breakdown is...can you tell i am a fan!!  Give it a try and tell me what you think.  HTH. Sherri

2006-01-20 12:23 PM

User image

Master
Pulaski TN
I do ediets and follow the eating for life plan by Bill Phillips. You enter in all your information weight goal weight foods you dont like etc and it will generate a weekley menu including easy to follow recipies for you. YOu have to weigh in weekley and if you loose more than the suggested weight it will ask you if you want to increase calories for the following week or decrease for weight gain. This plan also has a free day so once a week you eat all and whatever you want. I did this several years ago and lost alot but the beer and chicken wings too frequently with the lack of excercise put it back on. I am back on it and I pay 12 dollars a month for this service and it is well worth it. With every meal it also tells you your nutritional break down. I also have the book and it would be easy just to do it this way but the site goes by weight specific. Hope this helps.
2006-01-20 3:17 PM

New user
Awesome info!!!! Thanks! These are exactly what I've been looking for.

2006-01-21 3:42 PM

User image

Master
Granvile, Ohio

I do primarily a 45-30-25 plan, 5 meals/day spaced 3 hours apart.  I log my meals each night on my blog, so you can look back if you want.  One note though..... I work out of my house and generally have access to kitchen for 5 meals a day, so it's not practical if you are on the run alot.  One thing I do though is to prepare lots of food at one time and store it either in the freezer or tupperware.  It is easy to take out the preportioned meals and just throw them in the microwave.  You don't even have to think about it, just do it!

Sample day:
M1 Oatmeal, flax, banana, blueberries, walnuts, protein powder, coffee, water
M2 Egg whites, black beans, boca sausage, 1/2 english muffin, V-8 Splash, water
M3 Romaine & spinach salad w/broccoli, carrots, tuna, tomatoes, feta, avacado, black beans, corn, ff italian dressing, melba, nectarine, water
M4 1/2 apple, wheat tortilla, natural peanut butter, chocolate protein shake, water
M5 Chicken breast, spaghetti squash, marinara sauce, garlic toast, grapes, sf jello, tea, water
Calories1914 Carbs267 Protein-162 Fat-48
%43-34-22

Edited by tnickerson 2006-01-21 3:58 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » On-line Meal Plans Rss Feed