General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 10' Walden Naturalist Kayak: Manchester, NH Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED
2006-01-22 7:35 PM

User image

Expert
Haddam, CT
Subject: FS: 10' Walden Naturalist Kayak: Manchester, NH

For photos: http://nh.craigslist.org/spo/123665765.html

For Sale: Walden Naturalist Kayak (made in Harvard, MA)
Material: Rotomolded polyethelene
Length: 10 feet long
Width: 27 inches
Color: Green
Weight: 34 lbs.
Capacity: 220 lbs.
Height: 13 inches
Purchased in 2000: Used fewer than 10 times!
Condition: EXCELLENT

The Naturalist is a great kayak for all levels of paddlers, from beginner to expert. It is very light and easy to transport. Its straight tracking and easy glide make it a perfect choice for any flat water setting, fresh or salt. Best suited for paddlers 5’ to 6’5”. Features deck rigging and day hatch. Included with the kayak are a yellow Walden Paddle ($50 value) and an L.L.Bean/Paddleboy Designs towing cart.

The hull is made with a composite structure from repairable linear polyethylene. It is stiffer than conventional rotomolded kayaks. This stiffness lowers resistance in the water. It also is quieter in use and warmer in cold water. The cockpit is large, so that getting in and out of the Walden Naturalist is easy. Flotation in a Walden Naturalist far exceeds its own requirements. Between the composite hull and the foam under the seat there is almost 35 lbs of flotation.

This kayak is in perfect condition (aside from dust). I’m selling to make more room for triathlon equipment, and I’d like to see someone use this more than I do.

This kit was purchased for $450.
Asking price: $225

I cannot ship this item, but I am willing to deliver it locally. Otherwise, pickup can take place by arrangement.

Edited by lobstergirl 2006-01-22 7:35 PM
Sell Gear
CLOSED
General Discussion Classifieds - New and Used Triathlon Gear » FS: 10' Walden Naturalist Kayak: Manchester, NH Rss Feed