General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Getting to know folks in MO! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 5

2007-08-20 8:28 AM
in reply to: #330007

User image

Expert
St. Louis
Subject: RE: Getting to know folks in MO!

andy,

welcome to the elite BT STL posse.

clayton rd cycling could get tough in the near future, so i don't know where people like you and i are going to get in our miles. i live in warson woods, so not to far from you.

for open water, your best bet is to know somebody at Lake Saint Louis or Innsbrook.

Good luck with Chicago this weekend.  Looks like you're ready to have a very good race!  We'll expect a Race Report afterwards.

~B

2007-08-29 9:39 PM

User image

New user

Kirkwood
Hi everyone,

I've been lurking for a couple of weeks and decided to finallly introduce myself. I'm Tim, married with three kids, 9, 7 and 5. I friend of mine informed in April that we were both going to do our first tri at Innsbrook in June. Not really knowing what I was getting myself into I agreed and now I'm hooked. After Innsbrook I purchased my own bike. After the investment I naturally felt I had to justify to my purchasing decision and compete in the Tour de Kirwood and Babler Beast. I'm pleased with the progress I'm making. It's sometimes tough to find time to train as much as I would like. The lifestyle change has certainly helped with the energy needed to work the number of hours I do and care for three kids. The exercise is a critical component of stress relief. I ride and run around the streets of Kirkwood and swim at the Y when I can. Occasionally, when schedules allow, I train with my buddy on the hills near Sioux Passage park in Florissant. Looking forward to returning to Innsbrook in September for the Octomax and measure my progress.
2007-08-30 7:59 AM

User image

Expert
St. Louis

Welcome, Tim!  This is a great forum for newbies and experienced triathletes alike.  You'll like it.  I did TdK and Babler as well - how did you like them?  The hill on the Beast was insane!! And those goddam horse flies were crazy. 

Anyway, I believe you train my father-in-law (when he's not injured - ) and he told me to look for you at those two races. But seeing as I don't know what you look like...

My wife, baby, and I will be at Innsbrook on Sept 15th for my Halfmax race.  Let me know if you'll be out there so we can meet up.

Later,

Brandon

2007-08-30 4:02 PM

Master
STL

welcome!

yes, it's an addiction, but hey, you could be addicted to worse, right?

those hills at souix passage are a b*** aren't they? i live within riding/running distance from teh park and use those hills and old jamestown for hill training.

2007-08-30 5:41 PM

New user

Osage Beach
Hey everyone!

I'm Trevor
US home is Osage Beach MO
Originating from South of London England.

Married + 2 kids 4yrs and 9 mo' to a super lady, Jennifer who has tolerated my BS and Tri addiction over the last few years culminating in the Louisville IM this weekend. I have done sprint Olympic and I/2 IM distances uptill now, smatterings of long and short duathlons, 5-10 k's and 1/2 and a full marathon. Oh! biked from New York NY to Long Beach CA in 1997 for a beer bet.

Lurked on the site for the last year after taking the notes on the IM training for a 20+ week out programme. This place is a pleasure to read very positive unlike other Tri forums which are a little to ego generated (to much chlorine).

Live in Osage beach MO Home of The "Fat tire Hill Billies" mtn bike club. Please look up our site through 'Ozark Outdoors and Cyclery' We have scheduled weekly road and Mtn bike rides through the year (check in at the bike shop or online). I am always up for a run a swim and ride with people in visiting us here at the Lake of the Ozarks (schedules permitting).

shoot me a line at the lake.

[email protected]

Trev
2007-09-12 1:23 PM

Regular
Chesterfield, MO
Hello everyone, my name is Rob and I live in Chesterfield. This is my 1st experience in tri's and I'm really looking forward to it. I signed up for the Rec-plex in St. Charles on Oct 7th. I've also signed up for the Florida 70.3 next May and would love to talk to anyone with experiences from that race. Hope to talk soon. Thanks

Rob

2007-09-13 8:24 PM
in reply to: #947862

User image

Expert
Springfield, MO
nomad64 - 2007-08-30 5:41 PM Hey everyone! I'm Trevor US home is Osage Beach MO Originating from South of London England. Married + 2 kids 4yrs and 9 mo' to a super lady, Jennifer who has tolerated my BS and Tri addiction over the last few years culminating in the Louisville IM this weekend. I have done sprint Olympic and I/2 IM distances uptill now, smatterings of long and short duathlons, 5-10 k's and 1/2 and a full marathon. Oh! biked from New York NY to Long Beach CA in 1997 for a beer bet. Lurked on the site for the last year after taking the notes on the IM training for a 20+ week out programme. This place is a pleasure to read very positive unlike other Tri forums which are a little to ego generated (to much chlorine). Live in Osage beach MO Home of The "Fat tire Hill Billies" mtn bike club. Please look up our site through 'Ozark Outdoors and Cyclery' We have scheduled weekly road and Mtn bike rides through the year (check in at the bike shop or online). I am always up for a run a swim and ride with people in visiting us here at the Lake of the Ozarks (schedules permitting). shoot me a line at the lake. [email protected] Trev
Hey Trevor.  I'm Joe, I met you getting breakfast at Panera in Osage Beach a couple of weeks ago.  It was nice talking to you and I will definitely get in on a ride at the lake sometime.  Welcome!
2007-09-13 8:26 PM
in reply to: #961881

User image

Expert
Springfield, MO
stltrade - 2007-09-12 1:23 PM Hello everyone, my name is Rob and I live in Chesterfield. This is my 1st experience in tri's and I'm really looking forward to it. I signed up for the Rec-plex in St. Charles on Oct 7th. I've also signed up for the Florida 70.3 next May and would love to talk to anyone with experiences from that race. Hope to talk soon. Thanks Rob
Hi Rob.  You have picked a good race.  I did it last year and may try to squeeze it in this year.  Good Luck and Have Fun!
2007-12-31 4:03 PM

User image

New user

Hi everyone mine name is Leslie. I'm very new the world of tri and am training for my first one, The JCC indoor in feb. I live in St. Charles. It's great to see some other out there in the land of MO. My friend Marua introduced me to the tri world. I went to cheer her on at the Rec Plex this past fall and I was bitten by the bug.
2007-12-31 6:04 PM

User image

St. Louis, MO
Hey Leslie, welcome to the club!

I am doing the JCC this year too. I did it last year as well and it was my first race ever. I know of a few more in February if you are interested. I live in Wildwood, but it is good know you are close!!

See you soon!
Carrie
2008-01-02 10:39 AM

User image

Expert
St. Louis

Welcome, Leslie!

i'm sure you'll have a great time at the JCC tri.  But the question is, what will you sign up for after that?

Enjoy your new addiction in the New Year.

~B

2008-02-13 10:25 AM

User image

Expert
work, road, bike, pool
trying to represent KC-MO... it seams that there are a lot of Stl. people on here... do i belong in the kansas form?

24 (will compete 25 Clidesdale) Male - born and raised in Kansas city. Spent college years in kansas, arkansas, minisota, illinois, and ohio. I played college baseball and a little simi pro. once i got done i just worked out for about a year and decided i missed the competition. So started training for my first triathlon....

I finished 3 sprints last year and am looking forward to having a great time training and competing this summer
2008-02-13 1:43 PM

User image

Veteran
Glen Carbon
Welcome, from St. Louis.
2008-03-21 8:46 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kansas City, MO

Mike - 41 years old from Liberty, MO, and trying to do my first triathlon this summer, a Sprint length as soon as I'm sure I won't end up fish food during a swim.  I'm married, have a 14 year old daughter, 2 cats, and I'm convinced a cold beer in the evening improves conditioning. 

I'll be headed to Wamego, KS for the 2008 Cabin Fever Challenge bike ride - great ride if you're up for a 57 miler in the cool weather. 

2008-03-24 10:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Glen Carbon
Welcome Mike! Good luck with the ride!
2008-04-08 7:12 PM

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

New tri guy dropping in to say HI to the local tri community.

My past history involved a lot of bicycling, a little running, and no swimming whatsoever. Last year i participated in 2 team tri efforts (me doing the bike legs), and 1 solo sprint distance tri  (the Babler Beast), and it was a blast. Swim was a little shaky but i managed to live and loved the competition.  Ive really gotten into the training this year and plan on doing a few more sprint distance races as well as the Innsbrook race in Aug. 

peace,

john

2008-04-08 9:47 PM
in reply to: #1324846

User image

Extreme Veteran
Columbia, MO
jcash683 - 2008-04-08 7:12 PM

New tri guy dropping in to say HI to the local tri community.

My past history involved a lot of bicycling, a little running, and no swimming whatsoever. Last year i participated in 2 team tri efforts (me doing the bike legs), and 1 solo sprint distance tri  (the Babler Beast), and it was a blast. Swim was a little shaky but i managed to live and loved the competition.  Ive really gotten into the training this year and plan on doing a few more sprint distance races as well as the Innsbrook race in Aug. 

peace,

john

Welcome John!  I did Babler Beast last year.  It was a pretty fun race (they dont call it the Beast for nothing though)   I also did one of the Innsbrook races last year and it is a challenging but fun course as well.   I plan on doing the quartermax this year.   Again welcome and if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.   Happy training.

Josh

2008-04-09 7:49 AM

User image

Expert
St. Louis

welcome, John! enjoy the Spring and have a great season.

~B

2008-04-09 8:21 AM

User image

Master
St. Louis
Welcome John!
2008-07-28 12:55 PM

User image

New user

Hello all,

I am Troy from Cameron. Kind of seems like I'm alone all the way up here. Anyway, I did my first tri this past weekend and I loved it. I trained with a fellow l.e.o. for the tri and when race day came I was really nervous. At age 37 I thought I might be behind the curve a little, however there were people of all ages and levels here. We ran the Cameron Crossroads tri. So once I finished the race I knew I had found a new home. I rode BMX freestyle for the better part of 20 years and realised I was getting older but the riders in town were getting younger. Hmmmm. This is the most excitement I have had about anything other than work or military related stuff in years.

I plan to buy a pretty low end bike right now. Money is tight with a wife, four kids and a dog. However as I grow with the sport so shall my gear. This is a great community and I plan to start next season off hard and strong.

I'll ask alot of questions, so please have patience with me. I feel that knowledge is one of the best tools a person can have. So, with that said......Thanks and if your ever in teh Cameron area stop in the PD and say hi.

Troy

2008-07-30 9:34 AM
in reply to: #1564677

User image

Veteran
Glen Carbon
Welcome Troy!

2008-07-30 9:58 AM

User image

Veteran
Washington , MO

Hello and welcome Troy.  Enjoy the fun and addictive world that is triathlon!

peace, John

2008-07-31 6:52 PM

User image

Expert
Springfield, MO

Hey Troy!  I'm from Chillicothe, but now live in Republic just outside of Springfield.  I have a buddy in Chilli that is starting to get into triathlon who has trouble finding somewhere to ride that's not gravel.  Where do you ride?

Welcome to BT!

Joe

2008-07-31 7:53 PM

User image

New user

Right now I mainly ride just around town. Once I get my own road bike, I'll start going to Wallace state park. Feel free to give him my e-mail if he wants to start a ride in this area. Thanks for the heads up by the way.

Troy

[email protected]

2008-08-27 12:20 PM

User image

New user

Hello! Thought I would drop in and introduce myself as a fellow Missourian. My name is Sarah, just turned 30 last month and I live in Pierce City, MO. I am 1/2 way between Springfield and Joplin. I'm married with 4 dogs but no kids yet. I've wanted to get involved with triathlons since I was a kid and just participated in my first Sprint Tri last week in Republic. It was awesome and I'm planning to do 4 more next year. Currently I'm training for the Bass Pro 1/2 Marathon in November.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Getting to know folks in MO! Rss Feed  

of 5