Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Crashed my Mountain bike (and loved it) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-11 5:17 PM

Rockwall, TX (Dallas area)
Subject: Crashed my Mountain bike (and loved it)
I make it a point NOT to crash on my Road bike. Not that anyone crashes on purpose...but hi-speed road crashes tend to be ugly. So I took my mountain bike out yesterday...and crashed hard (not on purpose).

It was one of those flying over the handlebars, saying a prayer, and screaming type crashes...the kind that ends with a tremendous thud, followed by an involuntary burst of profanity. The point is...it was GREAT. It hurt, but I wasn't actually injured...so I got this great adreneline rush...had a good laugh (at my stupidity)...and really enjoyed the rest of the ride. What's more, my wife and kids got a good laugh when I came home covered in mud...showing off my scratches and bruises.

I know it sounds strange...but I should crash more often.

2004-05-11 8:11 PM
in reply to: #24303

User image

Expert
New Mexico
Subject: RE: Crashed my Mountain bike (and loved it)
I think a mountain bike crash is beyond acceptable; the bragging rights and battle scars tend to encourage it.

It was Mountain biking though that really got me to wear a helmet; something about the trees, rocks , cliffs, and ever changing terrain that tend to throw unexpected hazards in your path....
2004-05-11 8:20 PM
in reply to: #24303

User image

Champion
Ottawa, Ontario
Subject: RE: Crashed my Mountain bike (and loved it)
Do I detect a bit of masochism here!?! Personally, I dislike pain intensely, bragging rights or not. I would rather live my live with absolutely nothing to brag about if I can keep any kind of pain out of it.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Crashed my Mountain bike (and loved it) Rss Feed