General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help adjusting aero seatpost....??? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-04 7:08 PM

User image

Subject: Help adjusting aero seatpost....???

Probably should go in gear, but this has more traffic.  New Planet X, trying to adjust saddle tilt.  Rear screw and front screw.   I get that if I want to tilt it nose down I have to loosen the rear screw, then tighten the front to bring it down, then tighten the rear.  Problem is, can't figure out how to tighten the front screw?

The front screw has a little silver disc, parallel to the floor, with serrated edges.  On the sides of the post, in line with the front screw, are two little "indentations", but don't know if they have anything to do with it.... 

any help?

2011-11-04 7:48 PM
in reply to: #3834314

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada
Subject: RE: Help adjusting aero seatpost....???

Pictures might help? 

It always blows my mind that engineers can design these wind defying uber fast bikes but they can't come up with a simple design that makes it easy to adjust a saddle position. 

2011-11-04 8:02 PM
in reply to: #3834314

User image

Veteran
Naptown, IN
Sounds like some other seatposts I've seen.  You should be able to turn the silver disk to tighten the front bolt.  The silver disc is actually the top of the bolt and it screws down into the seatpost.  The two indentions in the seatpost is nut the bolt tightens into.  You'll probably have to loosen up the rear bolt quite a bit (like almost all the way out) to tighten the front down.
2011-11-04 8:58 PM
in reply to: #3834349

User image

mobey - 2011-11-04 6:02 PM Sounds like some other seatposts I've seen.  You should be able to turn the silver disk to tighten the front bolt.  The silver disc is actually the top of the bolt and it screws down into the seatpost.  The two indentions in the seatpost is nut the bolt tightens into.  You'll probably have to loosen up the rear bolt quite a bit (like almost all the way out) to tighten the front down.

Yes, I think this is it, rear has to come out almost all the way

thanks

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help adjusting aero seatpost....??? Rss Feed