Other Resources My Cup of Joe » re: Tri'ing For The Homless Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-12 12:52 PM

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: re: Tri'ing For The Homless
Warning: Solicitation but for a good cause!Dear Friend: As many of you may know, I have been training to complete a triathlon for four months now. When I started this journey it was deeply personal. In essence it was all about me. Training for a triathlon was about improving my physical, emotional and mental well being. But during the past few weeks I have discovered that though I’m solo on the racing course I’m not alone in that pursuit of self-improvement. That’s why I’ve decided to up the ante and to compete for something other than my own self-satisfaction.I am dedicating the three triathlons I’m doing this season to Lighthouse Mobile Ministries. LMM is a Christ-centered, family-focused, people-loving nonprofit that helps the chronically homeless. The ministry, which was founded by Robert and Annette Mariani three years ago, assists homeless men and women by providing food, clothing, transportation, limited social services and a word from God for all who want it. I have been involved in this ministry for more than a year and it has changed my life. In addition to feeding the homeless in Colorado Springs, LMM also provides clothes and food to children in Southern Colorado who are left homeless by meth lab busts and to an orphanage in Mexico.This fall, LMM is planning a missions trip to the Mexican orphanage. I am raising money to attend this trip. If you would like to join me in this endeavor to help the homeless, please fill out the pledge form below and return it to me via e-mail at — [email protected] I am collecting money for each 100-meters that I swim and each mile I bike or run. My first triathlon is May 15. If you pledge $1 for the swim, bike and run you will have pledged $20 for my first triathlon. All monies donated will be given to LMM and is tax deductible. Please make all check payments to Lighthouse Mobile Ministries. I sincerely hope that you will join me in this quest to help myself and others evolve in Christ. Thanks,Ovetta Sampson YES, I want to help Lighthouse Mobile Ministries Feed the Homeless:Make payable to Lighthouse Mobile Ministries____ $1 (per 100-meter swim, one-mile bike and run) ____ $10 (per 100-meter swim, one mile bike and run____ $5 (per 100-meter swim, one-mile bike and run) ____ $20(per 100-meter swim, one mile bike and run________ Other All contributions are tax-deductible. I am doing three races this season for a total of 67 units. All race results and proof of finish will be posted on the Internet at www.whatsagirltodo.blogspot.com
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » re: Tri'ing For The Homless Rss Feed