General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Impact: Road or Treadmill? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-02-26 9:16 AM

Expert
Salisbury
Subject: Impact: Road or Treadmill?
Which is generally less impact on your joints/feet?

I'm guessing a treadmill but I just want to make sure since I'm considering changing up my workout schedule to run more on a treadmill. I'm working back from PF and about to start swimming....today

2006-02-26 9:48 AM
in reply to: #354653

User image

Veteran
Laurens County, SC
Subject: RE: Impact: Road or Treadmill?
Treadmill seems to be less impact to me, I have also trained some on an elliptical, and that seems really less impact and I could do some speedwork and had no soreness. I am a big guy 6 foot 1 230, so I worry about Joint issues also. They also say to make the incline at least 1 percent on a treadmill to mimic road conditions some.

With that being said, there is no way to really duplicate training on the road without training on the road...another option would be trail running....

BTW wgat is PF ?
2006-02-26 11:32 AM
in reply to: #354653

Expert
Salisbury
Subject: RE: Impact: Road or Treadmill?
PF = Plantar Faciitis (I don't know if that's the "official" abreviation or not )

I'm just getting back into running again...slowly.

I'm planing on doing my running on a treadmill after my weight training. I'll have to work in some road runs too but for now I just want to run without pain.

Currently I do stationary bike after weight training but my gym has a lot more treadmills than stationary bikes so I'm hoping I won't have to wait like I do now. Extra added bonus.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Impact: Road or Treadmill? Rss Feed