General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike tires Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-15 9:31 AM

User image

Regular
Boston, MA
Subject: bike tires
Well, as sad as it is to say my Continental tires have pretty much had it and it is time for a new set. I am looking at a couple of different ones. Is anyone riding on Michelin Pro Race / Ironman, Veloflex Records, or the Continental Grand Prix Supersonics? Any insight or experiences will be helpfull.

2004-05-15 10:47 AM
in reply to: #25117

User image

Veteran
Sydney
Subject: RE: bike tires
I raced half a season with the michelin pro races on the road after i took them off my track bike because they were too slippery for the velodrome. They seemed to go flawlessly on the road - cornered well, great speed and rolling...but then one weekend about halfway through a race, it began to drizzle. I crashed 3 times in that race, each due to my back wheel sliding out (dont ask why I kept going). The third time happened as i pulled out of the race after i thought my back tyre was flat becasue it was so unstable! - they couldnt even handle a wide turn @ walking pace back to the finish tent! Since then i have heard of others with similar experiences with the michelins, all swearing never to buy them again
Buy these tyres at your own risk. My opinion is that they are suicide to ride on in the rain, handling somewhat like lubed up tyres on an ice rink.
but then again, thats just my 2 cents

.::aidan::.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » bike tires Rss Feed