General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from NC - then onto MI Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-01 1:10 PM

Savannah, GA
Subject: Hello from NC - then onto MI

Just found this site a week ago or so.  Very nice.  Better than some others I've tried.  I did a tri many years ago and want to 'tri' again  Been doing a lot of running the last couple years and finally got more serious with that last year.  Did some swimming and biking last summer as a compliment to my running which made me think about doing another triathlon.  Am moving to Detroit area in May/June and might possibly do the Motor City or Stoney Creek.

2006-03-01 1:15 PM
in reply to: #357881

Rochester, MI
Subject: RE: Hello from NC - then onto MI
will be waiting to welcome you to MI, keep up the training!
2006-03-02 7:02 AM

User image

Pro
Vestavia Hills

Welcome! What you have probably found lacking in BT that was in abundance in the other sites is "attitude" ... folks are a touch more helpful and less apt to scoff at questions than slowtwitch.com other sites.

You already start with a base from last year. Pick a plan, log your miles and start sweating towards your goal.

Good luck!

2006-03-02 7:55 AM

User image

Champion
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Gold member

Hey, DC, welcome to BT, and more importantly, Michigan rocks!  We've got a great crew that have a really good time training and racing.  Check out the Michigan group training thread (go to the forums tab, at the bottom expand 'US' and you'll see Michigan.).

We've got a group ride and BBQ planned for Mid-May sometime....trying to pin down the date as we speak, but if you're in town for that, might be a good way to kick off the Detroit season. 

Again, welcome to BT, and we look forward to your adventure back into tri.

2006-03-02 9:42 AM
in reply to: #358627

Rochester, MI
huengsolo - 2006-03-02 8:02 AM

folks are a touch more helpful and less apt to scoff at questions than

this is true, when i first started here i was actually a little suspicious of everyone's receptive attitude, but everyone here is cool and they are quick to give good feedback
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello from NC - then onto MI Rss Feed