General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » power surge Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-17 3:10 PM

Subject: power surge
I was about to finish and then post this the first time when the hail came, anyway. Im John and Im new to the scene, though I guess I have been using one of the various tri sports to get into shape at different points in life. I started cycling when to get out of very VERY poor shape when I decided to play highschool football, and was an avid motocross rider for a number of years and bikes (oops). I SCUBA dive for recreation, though swiming on the surface still puzzles me somewhat as it is the most recent area I have decided to get seriouse with (form). I am training because I signed up for Naval Special Forces challenge and ship out in january. These days the demand for more SEALs and less well known groups like them (and the Corpsmen put them back together) is rising and the navy has several "build-up" programs aimed at preparing the serious for BUDs and weeding out the uncommited in a more educated attempt to raise success rates while maintain quality control. While these programs can take someone to where they need to be to make it through provided they want it bad enough, I was still trying to find something to raise my chances of success and maintain motivation. I posted a thread on camps in the general talk area (i found this place doing a search for them) so if you know of any, please respond. I wanted something serious and lenghty, and remembered a few years back finding several camps devoted to tri-ath training when my nephew went to wrestling camp. Right now my physcial condition is not where it needs to be, though its not too bad, but I would think everyone agrees we all need a coach to reach our potential.

2004-05-17 6:21 PM
in reply to: #25458

User image

Central Louisiana
Subject: RE: power surge
Welcome to the T-Spot!  I am sure you will be to the point you want shortly!
2004-05-17 10:34 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Welcome DD - Hope the tri goes well!
2004-05-20 5:03 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member
welcome to bt.  yeah, throuwing in some tri training will def give u an edge come january...
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » power surge Rss Feed