Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Phelps Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-18 4:05 AM

User image

Veteran
Owen
Subject: Phelps
So do you think Micheal Phelps can get the 7 gold medals this summer in Athens to match the great Mark Spitz??
He signed with speedo and gets a 1 million $$ check if he gets 7 gold, seems so small compaired to the check Labron James got from Nike.

I think he has a good chance to do it, he is good in all strokes, he hasn't announced what he will swim yet, will find out at the trials later this summer.
Mindy

2004-05-18 8:22 AM
in reply to: #25566

User image

Extreme Veteran
Boston, MA
Subject: RE: Phelps
i dont know much about phelps besides one SI article that i read about him.... but that kid is amazing! I definatly think that he can pull it off (maybe because i'd just like to see him do it or maybe because actually shows the drive needed to pull it off)

But the one thing that irks me a little is how this amazing athlete will 'only' get a million dollars if he gets all 7 golds.. If anyone was as equally talented as him in another sport (especially baseball/basketball/football) 1 million would be the amount he could spend on a wallet, not the amount inside it...

But either way it will definatly make for an even more interesting summer olympics, and hopefully it'll draw plenty of people to a really great sport that too many people overlook.
2004-05-18 10:23 AM
in reply to: #25566

User image

Master
Chicago
Subject: RE: Phelps
Like it or not swimming doesn't put butts in the seats! That's why LeBron gets 90 and Phelps only gets 1, but hey, when was the last time you saw a swimmer get an endorsement deal for six-figures???? Things are looking up! Anyway, Phelps is a phenomon and he's going to kick much butt in Athens. I can't wait. Got my satellite set up and ready! Can't wait!
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Phelps Rss Feed