Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Food calorie counter in training log Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-18 7:33 PM

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Subject: Food calorie counter in training log
Ron,
I recently read an article that was about if it is overtraining or undereating (most are undereating issues) and another that asked why more triathletes pay more to their nutrition regimen? Because it's confusing. I have no real idea how much of what I'm eating, so today for the first time I'm adding items in my log that I eat. I downloaded from another website a food calorie list, plus what I have for wrapper nutrition facts, to see how many calories I'm consuming. Knowing me, I won't track my calories very long if I have to have do a lot of manual cross-referencing or track yet another speadsheet, but at least I'll get an idea since I'm more or less a creature of habit on what I eat!

In the training log it would be a great addition if the Nutrition section could be expanded for calorie calculation cross referenced to food selections. I could see something like with the weightlifting exercise section. There could be a number of food catagories (meats, fruits and Veg, Breads and nuts, beverages, Energy /meal replacements (power bars, etc), etc to get items consumed. Also a number of meal times such as AM, mid-AM, mid-day, mid-PM, PM, evening, late-evening. To get fancy carbs, protein and fats calc'd out too.

Just a thought...I love the training log feature and feel this would be a good addition to it. Just let me know how much to contribute to get this feature:-)

Don

2004-05-18 7:44 PM
in reply to: #25737

User image

Champion
Gold member
Subject: RE: Food calorie counter in training log

yes...it will be a great feature, but costly   the current logs seem to be bug free and the next addition will probably be something easier like a 'planned training' - maybe in a few months...the only big thing after that left is nutrition logging, and i will need to call in the experts on this one.  we are working on a few ideas to raise money WITHOUT charging for the logs AND WITHOUT plastering the site with banners.  thats difficult and something which i have been wrestling with philosophically lately and causing me much angst...

in the meantime, log at www.fitday.com i hear its pretty cool - u can post your link in your signature here.

2004-05-19 1:46 PM

NH
Since being a part of this site, and reading everyones suggestions, I joined fitday.com and I LOVE IT. It's easy compared to counting points for Weight Watchers, or simply coutning and tracking calories. Fitday.com counts the calories for you, you just need to enter in what you eat and how much, and everything else is automatic. I've been faithful with this for about a month, and it makes a big difference when you track what you eat...you'll think twice about going to the vending machine and sneaking a snickers in the afternoon if you have to account for it in the end.
2004-05-19 2:11 PM
in reply to: #25893

User image

Pro
Melbourne FL
Gold member
Thanks for the feedback, I'll checkout Fitday...

Don
2004-07-23 6:38 PM

Fayetteville, NC
wow, great site, thx guys!
New Thread
Site Issues Training Log & Site Support » Food calorie counter in training log Rss Feed