User image

Extreme Veteran
Pennsylvania
Subject: Colonial Triathlon cancelled??
Just got an e-mail from the race director

2006-03-08 8:33 PM
in reply to: #364596

Online or Offline
Subject: RE: Colonial Triathlon cancelled??

Sho nuff.

And if you already paid for the event, you'll get a refund for your registration and supposedly a gift certificate to FINAL KICK in VA BEACH???

I was hoping for a discounted entry to another EndorFUN race or something that Final Kick sponsors. At least they gave us plenty of heads up so we can find another race.

Maybe it'll happen next year. I'm bummed, but would rather wait til they can provide us with a quality race.

2006-03-09 6:18 AM

Regular
Ummm, since the creation of the internet, I think you can actually order goods online Final Kick is actually only 40 minutes from Williamsburg, and is the most convenient store to the largest # of entrants. Plus, they are very involved in the event. Once you get your G.C., you can order stuff online too...

We're very disappointed, but the timeline for some of the bigger issues was getting a little to close for comfort. I didn't want to be the one to announce it wasn't happening 2 months before the race. We wanted to be able to give everyone enough time to find another race during September.

That said, there's a chance that we can work everything out. That's our goal, but I didn't want to put athletes in a bind if it didn't. I just don't think that's fair....
2006-03-09 6:37 AM
in reply to: #364853

User image

Extreme Veteran
Pennsylvania
Hey Keith!
I think your team is a real class act. My son and I greatly appreciate the decision you made to announce the cancellation this early. We also appreciate the quality of the events you organize...
Hopefully it will be a go for 2007? If so, you'll see us there!
2006-03-09 7:54 AM

Regular
Thanks for understanding....I'm in this because I love it, and have too much respect for everyone to do something that isn't up to our standards...We'll see what happens!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Colonial Triathlon cancelled?? Rss Feed