General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello & heartbreak. Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-05-19 10:44 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Kennesaw, GA
Subject: Hello & heartbreak.
Hello,
I’ve been snooping around this forum for a while and have enjoyed the conversations and encouragement and triumphs shared here. I’ve been building my base back for the past few months and have definitely reaped the rewards. I am 6’8” and about 250 lbs and seem to think I have a disadvantage in endurance events, but NO LONGER. I am determined that I will compete in a triathlon and compete strongly.
Anyways, I decided to join the form discussion after today’s run. My wife and I run about every morning around 5:30. There are a couple of friends who run with us at a tack near our house. It is a great thing for us to get up before the children and have something we can do with each other every day. Well, she is expecting (pregnant) again and is a little more than 6 months along now. She has set a goal to run a race near the end of June (quite a goal for a pregnant woman who two months ago was thrilled to run a mile non-stop). Well last night symptoms of pre-term labor set in. She has had this condition with our other children and has had to be on bed rest in keep things under control until she’s full term. She is so disappointed!! She still got up this morning in order to keep the routine and went to the track and did a mossy as we ran our laps. On the way home she broke down and had a little cry. She wants so bad to get that race in before she has to lay-in with her unavoidable pre-term labor and post pardon recovery. She hopes what she is feeling now will pass and she can keep a modified training schedule before the doctor sends her to bed. She is still hopeful she can make her race somehow; even a very late finish would be a huge victory. Gotta love the heart!
On a different note, I was able to do a +/-6 min. mile this morning. That is a BIG thing for me.

Tom
Kennesaw, GA

2004-05-19 11:17 AM
in reply to: #25842

User image

Pro
Broomfield, Colorado
Subject: RE: Hello & heartbreak.

Welcome!  I hope your wife gets through this easily!

Good luck with your event.  Your height actually puts you at an advantage for swimming!

2004-05-19 1:42 PM

User image

Resident Matriarch
N 43° 32.927 W 071° 24.431
wow, what a moving post Tom. While I can understand your wife's feelings and ambitions, remind her that there is plenty of time to do some racing after the baby comes. You only have now to have this pregnancy be a healthy one, so for her and the baby it just might not be a good idea right now. I firmly believe that everything happens for a reason, and it sounds like something is saying she should not be worrying about this race. Sometimes we just need to pay attention to hear the message.

Anyhow, good luck to both of you, I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.
2004-05-19 8:11 PM

Elite Veteran
Boise, Idaho
Welcome and nice job on the accomplishments!!
2004-05-19 8:27 PM

User image

Champion
Gold member

dont let her get her spirits down...im with trimom...all u could ever want is a healthy baby...although it is a bummer as she has had a few breakthrouhs on the run...what about Swimming or biking?  ladies?  i have not a clue if this would be a better substitute.

welcome and cheers to you and your wife.

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Hello & heartbreak. Rss Feed