General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fit-Day Issues Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-14 8:19 PM

Veteran
chicago
Subject: Fit-Day Issues
I've read other posts where people say that fit day totally overestimates the number of calories that they burn a day. I don't know if it's just be, but does anybody else think they have the opposite problem.

It's not like I'm dropping too much weight or anything, but if I go to close to 1000 under within a few days I'm completely starving for energy, and usually end up eating too much to compensate. I tried making it about 500 under (between 300 and 500), and even now I'm dragging, with an energy crash in the middle of the day and needing to mentally bully myself to get to the gym, or out the door for a run.

I drink a lot of water, and only have one cup of coffee a day, in the mornings, more for the taste than the caffeine at this point (should be switching to decaf soon). I do eat pretty regularly throughout the day, so I don't think it's crashing between meals, and I'm leaning seriously on Fit Day underestimating the calories I burn. Any ideas?

2006-03-14 8:23 PM
in reply to: #369737

User image

Elite
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Subject: RE: Fit-Day Issues
From everything I've seen and read, fitday.com overestimates the calories burned.  Make sure you are getting enough carbs. If you are lossing weight and what to just maintain, then you can increase your total energy intake.
2006-03-15 1:28 AM
in reply to: #369737

User image

Subject: RE: Fit-Day Issues
What are you eating? You may be feeling like you are going to crash out because of nutrition that isn't right for the demands you are putting on your body. Fitday certainly overestimates calories burned (at least for me). I fixed the problem by saying that I am "sedentary" to drag down my estimate of calories burned. Also, if you have not been working out much and suddenly upped the ante, your body is going to be sluggish while it adapts -- it has very little to do with how many calories you consume.

--Jill
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fit-Day Issues Rss Feed