General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone used Aeronet or Monoura Cage Mounts? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-03-28 7:38 PM

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Subject: Has anyone used Aeronet or Monoura Cage Mounts?

Ordering a few things to get myself ready for IMCDA, and I was looking at the following products.  Anyone used them, and if so, can you give any feedback?

For those who use the double cages behind the seat, where do you store your tools, spare tubes, Co2, etc. since there is no room for a saddle bag once the double cages are there?  I was looking at the cage rocket (see photo) as one possiblity.

Edited by OldAg92 2006-03-28 7:44 PM

(cagemount.jpg)

(TNIANET.jpg)

(rocket.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
cagemount.jpg (29KB - 3 downloads)
TNIANET.jpg (20KB - 3 downloads)
rocket.jpg (33KB - 3 downloads)

2006-03-29 9:54 AM
in reply to: #381989

User image

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Subject: RE: Has anyone used Aeronet or Monoura Cage Mounts?
Rear mounted double cages......nice...just practice using it. Also they can be a little tempermental.....watch big bumps they have been known to throw a water bottle or two. You don't want to lose your nutrition.

Rocket - never used it - nice idea if you are not suing your cages...

Aeronets - very nice for nutritional products - especially for the long races. I use a bento box as well. You can also use a small bento box under the seat (facing forward) so it rests on the top tube and connects to the top tube and the seat post.... this works great for tools, spare tube and C02 and its out of the way. Then you don't have to worry about a bag fitting under the double cages.

2006-03-29 10:27 AM

User image

Expert
Montreal

I picked up the Minoura double cage mount and I find that the longer/taller bottle hit me in the butt.  It might just be my riding style.  I may be back too far on my seat.  I don't have a big butt.  My wife says I have a small flat butt like an old white man.  The profile aquarack is my next option.  It also sits lower down on the seat post, where I hear are more areo efficent.

$0.02

Mike

2006-03-29 10:46 AM

User image

Elite
Hurst, Texas
Thanks, Mike.  I do have a big butt, so this is good info for me!
2006-03-29 3:05 PM

User image

Dallas, TX

I had a minoura, the bar that was threaded and was the back of the "clamp" bent and would not stay tight, bent it back and it would re-bend.  Emailed minoura several times to try and get or buy a replacement part with no response.  when it was not bent it worked ok, probably used it 2 months last year, one big set of RR tracks did it in.

changed to a x-lab flat wing, http://www.trisports.com/xlfldekit.html  and I like it, had it about a year now, holds the bottles, co2, and co2 thingy.  I keep a tire tool in my bento box for training, tape the tubie on the seat post for racing.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Has anyone used Aeronet or Monoura Cage Mounts? Rss Feed