Revolution Racing
73F / 23C
Sunny
Total Time = 00m
Overall Rank = 1/
Age Group =
Age Group Rank = 0/
Pre-race routine:

Camped out at the site the night before with Williamsons, so did not get much sleep in the camper with a 3,4,5, and 6 year old along with 4 adults!!! Good breakfast and we moved the RV over to the race site and were set up by 0930. Actually was able to collect all my stuff I left last week because of the crash, jersey and trainer tire.
Event warmup:

Got in about 15 miles worth of warmup- felt really strong today and the conditions were perfect. Rode the course at least 7 times and talked the strategy with the Brent and Mark.
Bike
  • 25m
  • 10 miles
  • 24.00 mile/hr
Comments:

I had the race locked up in points before it started so our total objective was to get Brent or Mark on the podium. We had a good strategy planned with a block set on the 2nd lap and then a break with me Brent and Mark, and I would do the lion’s share of the pulling. The team did perfect on the block and Brent and I were able to break out and go, but Mark could not hang and Brent’s legs gave out after about 3/4 of a lap and they were able to bridge. We went back into the pack and regrouped. I told Brent to stay there as I was going to attack then not go anywhere and make them chase me, which they did two times. At the bell lap we were looking OK for the sprint. I took Brent on a lead out but he could not accelerate and the Velo Tek threat passed, I had to leave Brent and take his wheel to minimize his points. At the print line I took first and Brent and the next threat were dukeing it out for 3/4, Brent got 4th.....(this will haunt us). We waited for the pack and got Brent rested, 2 more laps no issues. On the last lap we were positioned perfect and before the S turns I attacked with Brent, had to check up slightly to keep him on the wheel and then the Velo Tek dude bridged us and passed on the right. I was yelling at Brent to hold on a dig deep as we took Booths wheel, he checked up as the pelton was closing, left turn we were 3 abreast, I was squeezing him out on the right when he got behind me and on Brent’s wheel and then his left side. I jumped up hard and got in front of Brent and made it over to the left and started to block him out, he lost some speed and I was yelling at Brent to go when he squeezed around on the left where the was a very gradual left turn, missed that. Then the next threat was on the right and was able to block him some also. Brent came across in 3rd and Larry was 5th (next threat). This left Larry 1 point ahead of Brent and therefore missed getting Brent on the podium. It was a wicked fun race and I later found out that Brent missed the sprint point by about the width of the tire......uuuggghhh so close.
What would you do differently?:

Maybe a little more aggressive on the block but first real try at making that happen, was fun with the strategy.
Post race
Warm down:

Went for a ride and talked with all the bros who raced, then to the fiesta at the RV. Then beer and more beer and beer and...

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Nothing good to go, fun to race with worrying about placing just helping the team out.

Profile Album

Last updated: 2006-04-02 12:00 AM
Biking
00:25:00 | 10 miles | 24.00 mile/hr
Age Group: 0/
Overall: 1/
Performance:
Forgot to turn HRM on again!!
Wind: Little
Course: Same as last time, seemed like there was a little more gravel on the course there was at least two crashes in the race before ours. Other than that no change, long course through the s turns.
Road: Smooth Dry Cadence: 100
Turns: Good Cornering: Good
Gear changes: Good Hills: Good
Race pace: Comfortable Drinks: Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall: Good
Mental exertion [1-5] 5
Physical exertion [1-5] 4
Good race? Yes
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks?
Post race activities:
Race evaluation [1-5]

{postbutton}
2006-04-02 7:50 PM

User image

Veteran
Woodbridge, VA
Subject: Spring Fling Crit Series #6
I highly recommend trying a crit if you haven't!!!

Edited by megerj 2006-04-02 7:51 PM

2006-04-02 8:02 PM
in reply to: #386161

User image

Master
Gulf Shores, AL
Subject: RE: Spring Fling Crit Series #6
You really rocked in this series. What category do you race in and how soon do you get to cat up with the results you have posted.

2006-04-02 8:18 PM
in reply to: #386161

Expert
New Orleans, LA
Subject: RE: Spring Fling Crit Series #6
Wicked fun? Certainly sounds like it! Great job even if it was all in fun
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Spring Fling Crit Series #6 Rss Feed