Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What are you listening to? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2004-06-06 10:41 PM
in reply to: #29604

New user

Flint area
Subject: RE: What are you listening to?
Sarah McLachlan's version is excellent as well. Sarah is great to listen to for longer duration runs/rides/

2004-06-06 11:27 PM
in reply to: #28351

User image

Walla Walla, WA
listened to in the past two days:
Cursive, Mineral (and the Gloria Record), Appleseed Cast, Pedro the Lion, Album Leaf, Menomena, Sunny Day Real Estate, Owen, Elliott, Ghosts and Vodka, The Velvet Teen. Oh, and Tenacious D for comic relief in an easy to swallow rock format.
2004-06-11 7:52 PM

User image

Regular
North Carolina, USA
Ahhh, I finally got my computer work, and this is the first thread I check out. What a good one. When training over the winter I listened a lot to Dream Theater's new CD "Train of Thought." It's pretty heavy but with awesome musicianship. I am currently in a Soundgarden phase, listening to a lot of Queensryche, and this new band from Wales called Lost Prophets. I have had this CD for about 2 months and it has not even moved from my car. Incubus is also high on this list. They will come into play more as I get closer to the concert date when I go see them. Take it easy everyone.

Cory
2004-06-15 8:12 AM

User image

Master
Marietta, Ga
First of all, I went out and bought a 40mb IPOD, which was guaranteed to not skip. Well, it skips since it is a moving, spinning hard-drive (I can't believe I fell for that one). Next I went out and purchased an iRiver 256mb flash player, stores plenty of music and no skip.

I try to organize my music for my runs based upon the pace I want to keep...its easy and mellow at the start (Sublime, Aretha Franklin, Comodores, Earth Wind and Fire, etc), then, for the middle of the run, its all about the beat to help me keep pace and enjoy the run (Coolio, LL Cool J, Nelly, Snoop Dog, House of Pain, KC and the Sunshine Band, BTO, Sheryl Crow, Smashmouth, etc) then I finish up with some really hard, pumping music to finish strong (Machinehead, Audioslave, Rage against the Machine's Bulls on Parade and maybe even some Powerman 5000).

I'll cool down to some mellow crooner (Sinatra) or some of that cuban music I love so much (Buena Vista Social Club).
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » What are you listening to? Rss Feed  

of 2