General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Penn Yan-Return to tri or Triing to return! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2004-06-01 12:42 PM

User image

Expert
Subject: Penn Yan-Return to tri or Triing to return!
Hi all! I just found this site, and it's great! I did a few tris 4-5 years ago (before I started med school), and now I'm "training" for the Penn Yan tri on 6/13. I put it in quotations because up until a week ago I was doing anything BUT training! Just running and swimming occasionally. But I had promised a friend I would do it with her, so now with the tri in site I've been ramping it up. A lot! I hope I'm not overtraining, but I guess I'll have the taper week to rest up. The race is a sprint (.75k, 23K, 5K). I did a 5 mile run Saturday, and a 13 mile bike sunday, as my long days (ran 30 minutes on the treadmill yesterday since I could melt in the rain ). I'm not too worried about the swim-I did 1300 last week with an 800 free straight set in the middle. I did tri out my wetsuit in another lake -it was REALLY cold and I swam about one stroke and got out. I found out later it's about 50 degrees!!! I hope keuka is warmer by race day. I'm really nervous about finishing at least not dead last, but I'm also really excited about racing again.

I'm starting internship on 6/15 so my goal is to stay active through that so I can try to stay sane.

Good luck to everyone on their races!

2004-06-01 3:20 PM
in reply to: #28442

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Subject: RE: Penn Yan-Return to tri or Triing to return!

Welcome to the site once again. Good luck.!!!

2004-06-13 5:32 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey
Hey how did you do, I did not get down there because on friday my father in law called and said he was camping this weekend and we havent seen him a while so we camped out with him. I was going to try getting up early but that did not happen. Post your rr soon.
2004-06-14 11:54 AM

User image

Expert
Hi! Sorry you didn't make it. I'll post a RR once I get my official splits. I had a decent race even though I went off course on the swim and added about 150 m! It was a nice race but there were some major issues with organization and registration-I'll give more details in the RR.

Thanks for the note!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Penn Yan-Return to tri or Triing to return! Rss Feed