General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trying to put my training routine together... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-27 11:38 AM

Parrish, FL
Subject: Trying to put my training routine together...
Hello, all,

I'm currently working on putting my training routine together and could use some input if you don't mind.

Part of my weekly training will take place during my lunch hour and I'm curious if I'll be able to fit in each phase into about 45 - 60 minutes.

I'm using the Michael Pate plan from his book When Big Boys Tri; the plan on the BT site here.

So, going with that info about how long would it take for someone to do the following?

And I'm talking worst case, back of the pack type person

The way it's set up the longest bike I would do at lunch is 10 miles and the longest swim is 800 yards.

Or another way to look at this is how far do you think a back of pack type person can swim or bike during 45 - 60 minutes? I can easily walk 3 miles in my lunch hour with plenty of time left over... so ultimately when I can run that it'll be even less time... so I'm not concerned with the run.

If I couldn't work an 800 or so yard swim or 10 mile or so bike ride into that time frame, I may have to move things around some to after work once I get to that level.

Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Take care,
Lou

Edited by Daruma 2006-04-27 11:38 AM

2006-04-27 11:56 AM
in reply to: #408157

User image

Elite
Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea
Subject: RE: Trying to put my training routine together...
Beginner and probably somewhere in between FOBOP and BOMOP here.  I can fit in 1500 - 2000 yds in the pool in 45 mins depending on how much rest I take.  I can bike 18 - 20 mi in an hour doing a low HR zone ride.  The distances you've listed below shouldn't be too much of a problem for you in the time you've got. 
2006-04-27 12:41 PM
in reply to: #408157

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA
Subject: RE: Trying to put my training routine together...

Lou,

Don't worry about how far you go.  Just do what you can in the time.  Most of your workouts should be set up by time anyway.  So if you have 45-60min to swim/bike/run.  Then that's your limit for that training session.  And that's plenty of time for most of the sessions that you'll need to do for any sprint race.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Trying to put my training routine together... Rss Feed