General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The trust that tri's has generated... Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-04-27 6:32 PM

User image

Champion
Subject: The trust that tri's has generated...

I GET TO RIDE A BIKE TOMORROW!!!!!  YEAH!!!

Okay.  So here's the story.  I've been in Amsterdam all week this week for business and I keep seeing all of these people riding around town and I'm walking everywhere.  I've been feeling down b/c I *miss* my bike.

Well, one of my coworkers was out to dinner with me and we were talking about my triathlons.  She said "Oh, would you like to borrow my cycle tomorrow to ride to work?"  I just wanted to kiss her.  I am staying in downtown Amsterdam (by Centraal Station) and it is 10k to the office.  10k is not a really far distance but I'm just so excited that I get to ride.  Hooray!!!

But here's the funniest statement of the day:

Coworker #1:  Shaun, would you like to borrow my cycle tomorrow to ride to work?

Coworker #2:  Why didn't you offer it to me?

Coworker #1:  He does triathlons and *knows* how to handle a cycle so I trust *him*.

I couldn't help but choke back a laugh.  It made me enjoy the inherent trust that doing this sport has granted me.

I'm soooooo excited that I get to ride a bike tomorrow.

**Disclaimer:  Notice that this was posted at 7:40pm EST which is 1:40am in Amsterdam.  So that means I've been up late and might be a bit punchy, if I seem a little over-excited**

Edited by CubeFarmGopher 2006-04-27 6:43 PM

2006-04-27 7:06 PM
in reply to: #408627

User image

New user

Michigan
Subject: RE: The trust that tri's has generated...
I rented a bike and rode through the red-light district of Amsterdam once. I was 14 and have very fond memories. If you're feeling bad about the ride only being 10k you could take a detour...
2006-04-27 7:11 PM
in reply to: #408627

User image

Queen BTich
Subject: RE: The trust that tri's has generated...
Congrats and how fun!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » The trust that tri's has generated... Rss Feed