What's a Tebow?26 Votes - [17.11%]

2012-10-02 11:50 AM
in reply to: #4436961

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Subject: RE: Tebow!
powerman - 2012-10-02 11:43 AM

I was wondering when this thread was coming back. What a circus. All I know is I'm glad it's not "MY" team.

"MY" meaning in no way that I own any part of the Broncos. I don't play for them either in case you thought I did. I was just using "my" in the sense they are from "my" state... DOH... Colorado is not "my" state. I do not own it or any part of it. It is the citizens State... and I do not play for or work for Colorado...It's just the state I live in so I meant it possessive in that sense.....

I think we can all agree THAT's funny.

"We" being limited to those in CoJ, either with or without allegiances to any given sports team, player or group of players, either professional or otherwise.

2012-10-02 12:02 PM
in reply to: #4436977

User image

Elite
scoobysdad - 2012-10-02 10:50 AM
powerman - 2012-10-02 11:43 AM

I was wondering when this thread was coming back. What a circus. All I know is I'm glad it's not "MY" team.

"MY" meaning in no way that I own any part of the Broncos. I don't play for them either in case you thought I did. I was just using "my" in the sense they are from "my" state... DOH... Colorado is not "my" state. I do not own it or any part of it. It is the citizens State... and I do not play for or work for Colorado...It's just the state I live in so I meant it possessive in that sense.....

I think we can all agree THAT's funny. "We" being limited to those in CoJ, either with or without allegiances to any given sports team, player or group of players, either professional or otherwise.

Laughing

Seriously... there is just so much to like about Tebow... unfortunately his strict QB skills are not one of them. Shame too, because the kid does not really deserve the drama. I think he weathers it well. You knew it was going to be a circus the day they signed him in NY.

I really do not know what you do with Tebow. Where you play him. Gimick plays with him at QB are not going to win you a Championship. He either plays or he doesn't. Another position maybe... Or stop jerking the guy around and get him under a seasoned vet QB and develop him the way he should be. I thought the best thing for HIM was to get some training from Elway, but Manning and launching Tebow was a no brainer. Shame for Tebow. The guy is a great player and a great team mate. I hope he works out because we all know he likes to win.

2012-10-03 10:16 PM
in reply to: #4436673

User image

Extreme Veteran
Miami

scoobysdad - 2012-10-02 10:52 AM
Cuetoy - 2012-01-04 3:14 PM Like I said previously in this thread, if he is a regular starter by the middle of next season I will resurrect this thread and say that I was wrong about the guy, which is a lot easier than the bet I have with my girlfriend who is a UF alumni and thinks Tebow has a chance of winning the superbowl. 
Getting nervous yet? Whether it's this week, next week, or the week after, Sanchez is ensuring the inevitable. Oh yes, my friends, it shall be TEBOW TIME again!!!!

Not really...How can i be nervous by a guy that has had more balls hit his head that completions this season.

I think Sparano is a horrible a coach, but i don't think he is that bad to think that Tebow can make the jets relevant, at least in a football sense.  The Jets need to clean house, and that starts with their head coach who does a lot of talking but little winning.

2012-10-03 10:32 PM
in reply to: #4436673

User image

Master
Folsom (Sacramento), CA

scoobysdad - 2012-10-02 7:52 AM
Cuetoy - 2012-01-04 3:14 PM Like I said previously in this thread, if he is a regular starter by the middle of next season I will resurrect this thread and say that I was wrong about the guy, which is a lot easier than the bet I have with my girlfriend who is a UF alumni and thinks Tebow has a chance of winning the superbowl. 
Getting nervous yet? Whether it's this week, next week, or the week after, Sanchez is ensuring the inevitable. Oh yes, my friends, it shall be TEBOW TIME again!!!!

My cousin is a Jets fan... I pity his liver on the coming Sundays. 

Not only can Tebow not beat out the disaster that is Mark Sanchez for the starting job, he can't even perform the basic special teams rolls that he has been asked to cover. How do you, as the "personal protector" for the punter, allow a punt to be blocked when the opposing team only rushes 2?

Now if you believe the future of the QB position lies with a player who can both run and throw, pay attention to Colin Kaepernick. He will be a better NFL QB than Tim Tebow. He more or less is Tebow, minus the distractions, minus the fullback speed, plus the ability to throw the ball more than 20 yards without one hopping it.

Tebow was undoubtedly the better college QB, but the ceiling on Kaepernick is far higher. He was raw going into college and if he had been recruited by Oregon instead of Nevada, we likely would have heard far more about him.

30Mark Sanchez, QBNYJ6312849.28136.356654669.6203
2013-04-29 9:07 AM
in reply to: #3906878

User image

Champion
Calgary
come on, some has to have a "I told you so" just bursting to come out.
2013-04-29 9:18 AM
in reply to: #4718700

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
BigDH - 2013-04-29 9:07 AM

come on, some has to have a "I told you so" just bursting to come out.

Eh, I don't think we've seen the last of Tebow yet and I think I might still have the last laugh. I've never said Tebow will be a great QB but I do still think he will get a shot to make some starts somewhere in the NFL in the future.

Who really knows what went on behind the scenes with the traveling circus called the Jets last season? That team was a complete and unmitigated disaster. I think Sanchez' contract extension dictated that he kept getting the starts last year, despite his utter ineptitude. I'm not convinced that the fact Tebow did not get any starts was a commentary on his talent as much as it spoke to how dysfunctional that whole organization is from the front office to ownership to the coaching staff.

Time will tell.

2013-04-29 9:42 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
I wonder if Tebow knows the words to "Oh, Canada" yet.
2013-04-29 10:34 AM

User image

Champion
Sarasota, FL

Showing my age, but Tebow reminds me a lot of former Vikings QB Joe Kapp.  Kapp had an ugly throwing motion, but was tough as nails and wasn't afraid to take on linebackers one-on-one when he scrambled.  The guy was a winner.  And somewhat ironically, he came to the Vikings after a successful career in the CFL...

Mark

2013-04-29 2:28 PM
in reply to: #4718700

User image

Austin, Texas or Jupiter, Florida

BigDH - 2013-04-29 9:07 AM come on, some has to have a "I told you so" just bursting to come out.

ETA-

Not sure what the "told you so" would be.  He rarely if ever even touched the field,  He's still won far more often than he lost as a starting QB, and a coach who had his wife wearing the other QB's jersey tattooed on his arm didn't play him.  Who could have told anyone that would have happened???

I would think Miami or Jacksonville would be calling him if nothing else than for the ticket sales.

But with all the Patriots speculation, that would be interesting to see Belichick picking him up just so he can prove that you can use him to his hated fellow conference rival...

Edited by GomesBolt 2013-04-29 2:31 PM
2013-04-29 2:31 PM
in reply to: #4718728

User image

Champion
Philly 'burbs

scoobysdad - 2013-04-29 10:18 AM
BigDH - 2013-04-29 9:07 AM come on, some has to have a "I told you so" just bursting to come out.
Eh, I don't think we've seen the last of Tebow yet and I think I might still have the last laugh. I've never said Tebow will be a great QB but I do still think he will get a shot to make some starts somewhere in the NFL in the future. Who really knows what went on behind the scenes with the traveling circus called the Jets last season? That team was a complete and unmitigated disaster. I think Sanchez' contract extension dictated that he kept getting the starts last year, despite his utter ineptitude. I'm not convinced that the fact Tebow did not get any starts was a commentary on his talent as much as it spoke to how dysfunctional that whole organization is from the front office to ownership to the coaching staff. Time will tell.

I also think he will find success in the NFL. I heard a sports talk guy this morning saying Tebow's career was over based on his stats/performance with the Jets. Rex Ryan's stupidity is no indication of Tebow's abilities. 

2013-04-29 2:48 PM
in reply to: #4719462

User image

Sensei
Sin City
mrbbrad - 2013-04-29 12:31 PM

scoobysdad - 2013-04-29 10:18 AM
Eh, I don't think we've seen the last of Tebow yet and I think I might still have the last laugh. I've never said Tebow will be a great QB but I do still think he will get a shot to make some starts somewhere in the NFL in the future. Who really knows what went on behind the scenes with the traveling circus called the Jets last season? That team was a complete and unmitigated disaster. I think Sanchez' contract extension dictated that he kept getting the starts last year, despite his utter ineptitude. I'm not convinced that the fact Tebow did not get any starts was a commentary on his talent as much as it spoke to how dysfunctional that whole organization is from the front office to ownership to the coaching staff. Time will tell.

I also think he will find success in the NFL. I heard a sports talk guy this morning saying Tebow's career was over based on his stats/performance with the Jets. Rex Ryan's stupidity is no indication of Tebow's abilities. 

It's hard to get any stats if you never play.  And when you do, it's just as a decoy or in a position where everyone and their dog knows that he's going to run.

I'm not saying he's awesome or defending him.  I'm just saying if you are going to trash someone, make sure your (as in the radio guy) reasons are valid.

I honestly don't think he's been given a chance to prove he is as bad as every seems to think he is.  He had a good run with Denver - even if there was divine intervention.

THAT'S what happened!  Denver used up all their mojo/divine intervention and the payback was the miracle play by the Ravens the following year.

2013-04-29 2:49 PM
in reply to: #4719462

User image

Elite
Cleveland

Tebow doesn't have any talents.  Well, none that are useful in the NFL, anyway.

He is NOT a QB, and he's short and slow for a modern TE. At best, he's a fullback, but I don't see him accepting that role.

2013-04-29 2:54 PM
in reply to: #4719491

User image

cgregg - 2013-04-29 2:49 PM

He is NOT a QB, and he's short and slow for a modern TE. At best, he's a fullback, but I don't see him accepting that role.

You're just jealous because even Tebow wouldn't sign with the Browns...

2013-04-29 4:17 PM
in reply to: #4719499

User image

Elite
Cleveland
GomesBolt - 2013-04-29 3:54 PM

I thank 8lb 7oz Baby Christmas Jeebus that he wouldn't sign with the Browns Laughing

2013-04-29 4:24 PM
in reply to: #4719633

User image

cgregg - 2013-04-29 4:17 PM
GomesBolt - 2013-04-29 3:54 PM

I thank 8lb 7oz Baby Christmas Jeebus that he wouldn't sign with the Browns Laughing

Why? Because you'd actually sell a few tickets/jerseys/posters/actually have a player whose name someone knows outside of Cleveland? 

All I know is Tim can take a hit.  Apparently a valuable skill for a QB on the Browns...

2013-04-29 4:26 PM
in reply to: #4719491

User image

Sensei
Sin City
cgregg - 2013-04-29 12:49 PM

That's tough to agree to about someone who won the Heisman, first round draft pick, MADE it to the NFL (when so many don't).  Big, strong, good runner (maybe not as flashy as RG3).  Reports that he was a big time competitor, not a diva/cry baby like most of your wide receivers.  Seemed to get team mate to rally around him.

And again, he DID win some big time NFL games.  I'm not sure someone who doesn't have ANY NFL talent (like me) is going to go out there, take a beating for an entire game, then throw the winning TD pass in the first round of the playoffs.

I would agree that his quarterback game is not currently suited for the NFL.  But to GET to the NFL, means you have more talent than 99.99% of the rest of us at the game.  He has TONS of talent.  Just not enough to be a winning QB yet.

2013-04-29 4:46 PM
in reply to: #4719652

User image

Champion
Menomonee Falls, WI
Kido - 2013-04-29 4:26 PM

That's tough to agree to about someone who won the Heisman, first round draft pick, MADE it to the NFL (when so many don't).  Big, strong, good runner (maybe not as flashy as RG3).  Reports that he was a big time competitor, not a diva/cry baby like most of your wide receivers.  Seemed to get team mate to rally around him.

And again, he DID win some big time NFL games.  I'm not sure someone who doesn't have ANY NFL talent (like me) is going to go out there, take a beating for an entire game, then throw the winning TD pass in the first round of the playoffs.

I would agree that his quarterback game is not currently suited for the NFL.  But to GET to the NFL, means you have more talent than 99.99% of the rest of us at the game.  He has TONS of talent.  Just not enough to be a winning QB yet.

Except for the fact that he already is a winning NFL quarterback. Check the record. 8 - 6.

Edited by scoobysdad 2013-04-29 4:50 PM
2013-04-29 4:54 PM
in reply to: #4719687

User image

scoobysdad - 2013-04-29 4:46 PM

Except for the fact that he already is a winning NFL quarterback. Check the record. 8 - 6.

8-6 including two playoff games. 

That's what gets me.  He wins ugly.  I'd take a few ugly wins if I were about 10 NFL teams.  They're sure better than ugly losses.  Right Jets Fans?

2013-04-29 4:57 PM
in reply to: #4719652

User image

Elite
Cleveland
Kido - 2013-04-29 5:26 PM

He did great in college.  That isn't the NFL.  Not even remotely close.

In the NFL, his team won those games (and some stupid defensive coordinators for opponents) in spite of him.

2013-04-29 5:27 PM
in reply to: #4719712

User image

cgregg - 2013-04-29 4:57 PM
Kido - 2013-04-29 5:26 PM

He did great in college.  That isn't the NFL.  Not even remotely close.

In the NFL, his team won those games (and some stupid defensive coordinators for opponents) in spite of him.

He did great in college, and he won 8 games in the pros.  That's more than a whole lot of QBs throughout the history of the league.

Actually, at the time, people were breaking down time on the field for his Defense and they said because of the style that he plays, he's able to keep the opponent's defense on the field longer which had a direct impact particularly at the end of the game.

In other words, they won those games because of him.

Even his losses weren't awful performances by him. 

If he were to go to Seattle, JoshR would say he's the best pickup of the off season...

2013-04-29 6:19 PM
in reply to: #4719764

User image

Elite
Cleveland
GomesBolt - 2013-04-29 6:27 PM 

If he were to go to Seattle, JoshR would say he's the best pickup of the off season...

Hehehe.... "Uh, no"  Sealed

2013-04-29 9:46 PM

User image

Champion
PA
Stop talking about Tebow.  He's my sleeper pick on my fantasy team.
2013-04-29 10:07 PM

User image

Elite
Honestly, he's a good guy with a lot of talent and heart. But the QB position has really turned into such a skilled position, he's just not there. Heck, so darned skilled that half the starting QBs in the league are not any good at it. There are probably a lot of talented good guys with heart that do not make it in the NFL... not many that won the Heisman though.
2013-04-30 2:19 PM
in reply to: #4719702

User image

GomesBolt - 2013-04-29 11:54 AM
scoobysdad - 2013-04-29 4:46 PM

8-6 including two playoff games. 

That's what gets me.  He wins ugly.  I'd take a few ugly wins if I were about 10 NFL teams.  They're sure better than ugly losses.  Right Jets Fans?

FTR...Vince Young is 31-19 as a starter.  Just sayin...

2013-04-30 2:45 PM

User image

Master
Washington, DC Metro
The Omaha Beef (a Nebraska Indoor team) offered him a contract.
New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Tebow! Rss Feed  

of 22