Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » ironman Tremblant Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
2011-11-19 8:33 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button
Subject: ironman Tremblant

Anyone doing it?

considering volonteering for the event so i can cheer all of you tri-machines!

2011-11-21 6:46 AM
in reply to: #3908593

User image

Victoria, British Columbia
Subject: RE: ironman Tremblant
Doing the 70.3...Will always encourage more cheering!!!! Laughing
2011-11-21 8:11 PM
in reply to: #3909622

User image

Extreme Veteran
quebec's belly button

LollyR - 2011-11-21 7:46 AM Doing the 70.3...Will always encourage more cheering!!!! Laughing

any special request? shouting looking good is soooooo last tri

2011-11-22 3:44 PM
in reply to: #3910878

User image

chipit muffin - 2011-11-21 9:11 PM

LollyR - 2011-11-21 7:46 AM Doing the 70.3...Will always encourage more cheering!!!! Laughing

any special request? shouting looking good is soooooo last tri

Personally love "You have amazing endurance...Call me!!!! 514.111.2222"   or OMG!   You're so hot... 

Whatever works  Mind you I would take whatever I could, Ha!

2011-11-27 8:00 AM

User image

Registered for the 70.3. Will volunteer at the full and will cheer and encourage the whole day.
On the 70.3, Looking forward to a couple of "wow, you look hot". Referring of course to the temperature . ;-)
2011-12-19 4:44 PM

User image

Sutton

Yep!

Newbie, first tri ever...

Thougth of doing a sprint distance (decision process was influenced by late night activity with loose friends). But go figure, hadn't run or swam in 30 years (he's ancient), been biking for 2 years, so the challenge wasn't enough for my little testosterone filled brain.

Saw the press release, debated for a couple of weeks, being that the race was early in my season (I don't have a season yet, so why the debate...). I reflected on my decision making, and since it made no sense, I registered. 

They say "no pain, no glory. Oh, well !

Objective: Survival

Ps Looked at my profile and realized, did put much info. Live in Sutton, Qc. ?Am a weekend volunteer ski patrol at Mont Sutton. Have been thinking of volunteering for the Tremblant ??Full Ironman, could put to good use my HIM experience (LOL) and first responded training.

2012-01-20 3:49 PM
in reply to: #3916071

User image

onbelay - 2011-11-27 9:00 AM Registered for the 70.3. Will volunteer at the full and will cheer and encourage the whole day. On the 70.3, Looking forward to a couple of "wow, you look hot". Referring of course to the temperature . ;-)

X2 Wink

Love the profile pic onbelay!

2012-01-20 3:54 PM
in reply to: #3944744

User image

Hi and welcome!

I saw your profile name and had to ask...Ever done the Sutton train run?  5 peaks or xtrail?  Fun stuff!

http://www.5peaks.com/schedule.asp?p=oq&raceid=277

http://xtrailasics.com/Mont_Sutton_Event.html

Just curious... Considering your desire for masochism Surprised

Michel.Sutton - 2011-12-19 5:44 PM

Yep!

Thougth of doing a sprint distance (decision process was influenced by late night activity with loose friends). But go figure, hadn't run or swam in 30 years (he's ancient), been biking for 2 years, so the challenge wasn't enough for my little testosterone filled brain.

Saw the press release, debated for a couple of weeks, being that the race was early in my season (I don't have a season yet, so why the debate...). I reflected on my decision making, and since it made no sense, I registered. 

Ps Looked at my profile and realized, did put much info. Live in Sutton, Qc. ?Am a weekend volunteer ski patrol at Mont Sutton. Have been thinking of volunteering for the Tremblant ??Full Ironman, could put to good use my HIM experience (LOL) and first responded training.

Edited by LollyR 2012-01-20 3:55 PM
2012-01-22 12:01 AM
in reply to: #3909622

New user

Real tri beginner here.....athletic goood runner .... half decent cyclist ..... any pointers.....

run on mountain cycle throughout town and swim in st. laurent

thanks

tom

2012-01-24 7:50 PM
in reply to: #4004010

User image

Tom,

Are you signed up for an event or just tri'ing for fun?

2012-01-27 8:08 AM
in reply to: #4002243

User image

Sutton
LollyR - 2012-01-20 4:54 PM

Hi and welcome!

I saw your profile name and had to ask...Ever done the Sutton train run?  5 peaks or xtrail?  Fun stuff!

http://www.5peaks.com/schedule.asp?p=oq&raceid=277

http://xtrailasics.com/Mont_Sutton_Event.html

Just curious... Considering your desire for masochism Surprised

Michel.Sutton - 2011-12-19 5:44 PM

Yep!

Actually been a volunteer first aid guy twice for Xtrails and again this summer 2012 and once for the 5 Peaks... Usually on the 21km circuit.

2012-01-27 7:46 PM
in reply to: #4004010

User image

Sutton
decorprecis - 2012-01-22 1:01 AM

Real tri beginner here.....athletic goood runner .... half decent cyclist ..... any pointers.....

run on mountain cycle throughout town and swim in st. laurent

thanks

tom

Best you find a training program, there's a lot of free ones on all of the different distances. Depending on the Tri distance your looking at, you'll notice they have a number of weeks, back track from the date of your tri (or the one you'd want to do).

Give yourself at least an extra 4-5 weeks extra, as your agenda may not be as flexible as you want. This site is really good and reading some of the Forums can help in pointing you in the right direction.

There's a lot of Tris in Qc (http://www.triathlonquebec.org/) and they offer most distances from Sprint to Full Ironman.

Good luck

New Thread
Canadian Triathlon Forum Quebec » ironman Tremblant Rss Feed