General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need recommendations...GPS/ Heart Rate for all three sports Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2011-12-04 7:45 AM

User image

Madison
Subject: Need recommendations...GPS/ Heart Rate for all three sports

Hi!  My husband was bit by the tri bug when we volunteered for IM last summer. I'd like to get him a good GPS/Heart rate monitor that he can use for training. Is there a product that can track all three sports (can be worn in the water for the swim too)?  

I've seen some of the newer garmins have a touch screen or scroll around the face of the watch. This seems like it could be problematic, with accidental changes when you bump the watch.  I accidentally hit the buttons on my watch pretty often so I can't imagine using anything with a touch screen! Anyone have any experience with those?

I appreciate any advice you all can offer, it's a Christmas gift and I'm willing to pay a bit more to get the best. 

Thanks!

2011-12-04 7:55 AM
in reply to: #3925336

Albany, NY
Subject: RE: Need recommendations...GPS/ Heart Rate for all three sports
Garmin 910XT with HR monitor is the latest thing, but has just been released.   It does swim, bike run.  It may be backordered for abit because it is new so if this is a holiday gift, you may want to go in another direction.  The Garmin 310XT does everything the 910XT does except it does not calculate distance, stroke rate, etc.. for lap pool swimming and is slighly bigger than the 910XR.  It is waterproof so it can be used for an entire race.  I have one and love it.  Best of luck!
2011-12-05 4:33 AM
in reply to: #3925340

User image

Madison
Subject: RE: Need recommendations...GPS/ Heart Rate for all three sports
Thank you!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Need recommendations...GPS/ Heart Rate for all three sports Rss Feed