General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Work sponsoring some of my races! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-01-25 2:01 PM

Extreme Veteran
Subject: Work sponsoring some of my races!

I just got conformatian that my work is going to pay for 2 of my local races this year. I asked for help with IM Louisville and, IM 70.3 Muncie, but also told them I was racing a few sprints locally. They came back and said they would pay entry for the two local races!!!

This is sweet!  

2012-01-25 2:07 PM
in reply to: #4010648

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Subject: RE: Work sponsoring some of my races!
Man that is awesome!!! I would love for my job to do that but they wont   I am just curious, how did you go about asking them? did they already have some type if incentive program available to employees??
2012-01-25 2:24 PM
in reply to: #4010665

Extreme Veteran

We have a wellness Committe that I'm on. Our goal is to try and get other employees to make lifestyle live a healthier lifestyle. We don't really have a plan on what we will pay for and what we wont, nor a budget for any of this. But over the past year we have spent $4500 in Weight watcher fees for about 15 individuals. We were starting to get some backlash from others that are currently involved with health activities and not being supported, such as other runners (mostly 5k participants and one Ultra runner) soccer, volleyball teams formed by employees, etc

I tried to get a yearly budget for every employee to use towards approved activities but it got shot down. So i just wrote up and email and sent to HR asking for support. I told them i was registering for these events either way but it would be good to show the companies support for individuals that were already living a healthy lifestyle. 

Our company put in a work out faility in our basement and they often pay half registration fees for local personal trainers to come to our facility and teach classes such as , zumba, yoga, kick boxing etc. Our hope is someone will catch onto one of these type of work outs and continue it on their own. But many times people only participate if its company funded.   

2012-01-25 3:07 PM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Thats still pretty cool that your company does that for you guys. I will talk with some people at work and maybe get something like this started. I know that we tried it in the past where my work put on group training and classes for employees but  a lady wound up breaking her foot during the activities and then tried to make a workmans comp claim over it and well... no more of that to say the least. But maybe since this is different we might have some different results.
2012-01-25 3:24 PM

User image

Expert
Ontario Canada

Cool , Congrates Sounds like something more Company's should be looking at.

While my work doesn't really have a program like that yet they were accomidating in letting my extend my  work day & lunch Hr to 1 & 1/2 hours so that I could get in a full 1 hr run and still get cleaned up & eat something before having to be back on the job.

Fitter healthier employees are generally going to miss less time, be more productive most of the time,unless  they are dragging thier butts from overtraining LOL, and in my experience have a better attitude in the workplace, plus it can help keep benifit costs down due to less claims.

Edited by RRH_88 2012-01-25 3:42 PM
2012-01-25 5:12 PM

User image

Elite
Laguna Beach

Good news: That is Awesome!

Other news: Now you're a sponsored athlete. Everything you say, tweet, post, FaceBook, and whisper reflects on them. Remember that.

Watch what you wear. They own your skin and it should have their logo on it 24/7.

Here's your first lesson: Oh, by the way- what was the name of the company that sponsors you?

2012-01-25 5:34 PM

User image

Elite
DLR1 - 2012-01-25 3:01 PM

I just got conformatian that my work is going to pay for 2 of my local races this year. I asked for help with IM Louisville and, IM 70.3 Muncie, but also told them I was racing a few sprints locally. They came back and said they would pay entry for the two local races!!!

This is sweet!  

That's great !!! My boss is paying for my races as well as all my tri expenses for now on...!!!!! Yea!!!!!.......did I say I was the boss oooops
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Work sponsoring some of my races! Rss Feed