General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HIM training/ Oly training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-02 12:53 PM

User image

Veteran
Mission Viejo,
Subject: HIM training/ Oly training

My question is this:  I am currently using the BT HIM 20 week plan.  Started first of January and it is going to put me right at my Olympic distance A race on May 20th.  I won't use the full 2 weeks of taper for this race, more like 7-8 days.  I started this plan because I want to do my first half in Sept.  I did several Olympic distances last year, not great times, but not bad either.

Should I pick up the HIM plan at a point that will put me on track for the HIM in September after the Olympic race in May?  Meaning that there will be roughly 16 weeks till the Half race, should I start all over again at Base 1 training and just continue on with that same plan from there?

So far so good with this work out schedule.  I am doing just as the plan suggests, also tossing in some strength training on easy days.  I am sure I will make some adjustments along the way depending on how my body holds up, I am good at taking additional recovery days when needed.

Any training suggestions are much appreciated, I would like to do well in this first HIM.  It is a local race for me and I like the course, I will have some friends who will race and 1 in particular that I would really like to beat lol!

Coach

2012-02-02 1:00 PM
in reply to: #4025632

User image

Master
Overland Park, KS
Subject: RE: HIM training/ Oly training
Since you're already training for the HIM distance in prep for the Oly, I would just pick up the HIM training starting at week 4 since there will be 16 weeks until the HIM race.  Also, you might go heavier in one discipline after your OLY.  After your Oly, you may feel one part of your race needs extra emphasis.  Otherwise just do all 3 by the plan, you'll be fine.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » HIM training/ Oly training Rss Feed