General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Subura Western Tri Series Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-11 12:15 PM

User image

New user
Bellingham WA
Subject: Subura Western Tri Series

Hey has anyone done any of these races in Canada?  I would like to do the them but haven't heard anyone talk about them.  There are five races in the series and all but the Banff one is fairly local for me.  The Sooke one is timed perfect for a combo race/fishing trip :-)

http://triseries.ca/index.php

2012-02-11 7:05 PM
in reply to: #4042046

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA
Subject: RE: Subura Western Tri Series

I've never done any of them but I've been wanting to do the Banff race.  The setting looks amazing and I've always wanted to visit the area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1HkuOb9CZo&feature=related

Edited by popsracer 2012-02-11 7:18 PM
2012-02-11 7:55 PM

User image

New user
Bellingham WA
Wow that is a beautiful course, the lake sure looks cold though.  Thanks for posting the video.
2012-02-24 4:28 PM

User image

Seattle, WA

I did Sooke in 2010. LOVED it!  The scenery is amazing on the both the bike and the run.  The only bummer is that it's very looped.  I believe you do 4 loops on the bike and 2 on the run... not too bad but if you aren't a fan of doing the same thing over and over it can be a chore.

I'll also warn that the course is quite hilly.  There's one shorter hill in particular on the bike (which, needless to say, shows up 4 times) that you'll be out of the saddle for no matter what gear combo you choose.  But I really like hills, so this isn't necessarily a bad thing.

When I did the race it was still very small.  Only 83 people did the half distance.  It added to the charm though and the community is welcoming.  It may be different now because they seem to keep adding perks to this race to boost attendance (national TV coverage, pro purses that are quite substantial, etc.).

With all that said, Banff is on my short list of MUST DO races.  The pictures of that place are breathtaking!

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Subura Western Tri Series Rss Feed