General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Incorporating Intervals into Bike & Run Training Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-15 3:26 PM

Subject: ...
This user's post has been ignored.

2012-02-15 6:45 PM
in reply to: #4049553

New user
Subject: RE: Incorporating Intervals into Bike & Run Training
Your hard workouts are your long run and ride and your run and bike intervals. You want them spaced as far apart as you can, particularly within a discipline. Based on that, you should be in good shape with Saturday long run, Sunday long ride, and Thursday bike intervals are in the right places, but you should do your run intervals on Tuesday if you can. That said, I've done two sets of run and bike intervals per week plus long run and ride, which of course meant most of them were back-to-back, and while it kicked my butt, it was doable.
2012-02-15 8:19 PM
in reply to: #4049553

Master
University Park, MD
Subject: RE: Incorporating Intervals into Bike & Run Training

I agree that you want to space out the harder workouts as much as you can.

But I'm not sure why you want to include run intervals at this point in your training. Based on your logs for the past month you've had good run frequency, but the average distance of the runs has been about 3.5 miles, and the average weekly mileage seems to be in the low 20s. If you're hoping to run a marathon at the end of May then I think you'll get more benefit from adding steady miles and medium-length runs (to support your long run build), rather than introducing a run interval session that will likely compromise your ability to recover from the key bike workouts and your ability to get in more run miles.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Incorporating Intervals into Bike & Run Training Rss Feed