General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can I use continental glue( not the carbon one) on carbon wheels Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2012-02-23 9:04 PM

Veteran
Subject: Can I use continental glue( not the carbon one) on carbon wheels
I know they make continental tire glue for carbon wheels, in the black container. I have a couple tubes of the regular continental glue in the orange container and was wondering if anyone uses it for carbon wheels.I know the Vittoria mastik 1 does not have a regular and carbon formula, so does it really matter?

2012-02-24 8:28 AM
in reply to: #4063743

User image

Elite
Subject: RE: Can I use continental glue( not the carbon one) on carbon wheels

There's actually a PhD dissertation on tubular glue that I found on the internet a couple of years ago.  The author  evaluated strength of bond and rolling resistance of three different glues. Conti for carbon was not out at the time.  His conclusion was Vittorio was the best.  The Zipp video on how to glue a tubular uses Vittorio.  I use Vittorio for those reasons.  I actually have a tube of the Conti for carbon but have not reglued recently.   My tubs last for years due to limited use.

TW

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Can I use continental glue( not the carbon one) on carbon wheels Rss Feed