General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new from rochester ny Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2006-05-15 9:20 AM

User image

Veteran
Subject: new from rochester ny
Hi everyone,

My name is Nathalie and i live in Penfield ny suburb of Rochester Ny. I am originally from Canada and i'm french speaking though now english is my main language. I started doing triathlons in 2004 and got hooked right away. This year i'm doing a olympic and half-ironman. Long term goal is the Ironman in lake Placid in '07. Training is going well. I tend to go beyond my training plan all the time and i know it is not helping me. working on that a lot. I just got a Trek pilot and i like it a lot. I'm a fairly good swimmer but i get intimidated in mass swims. working on that too. Losing weight right now is also a goal . I'm 5'6 and average 150 pds. I would love to be 135 lean. It will come with time and patience. Glad i found this forum.

2006-05-15 9:38 AM
in reply to: #423861

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY
Subject: RE: new from rochester ny

Hello Nathalie,

Welcome to what has to be the best forum for triathletes on the web. I got started in tri's last summer and live in Binghamton, NY. I see you're doing a 1/2 IM this year, is it the Musselman? There are a few of us on here that are doing that one.

My first of the year is the Keuka Lake Olympic. Good luck with your training and feel free to PM me if you have any questions. There are a lot of people on the BT site from the Rochester area.

Bob

2006-05-15 9:43 AM

User image

Veteran
I've been lurking on this site a lot and find it interesting with real people that just enjoy trithlons like me anyway yes i'm doing the musselman and also keuka oly. I've done 6 sprints so far and i love it. Is there a local forum on this site with other rochester people? Nice to meet you bob.
2006-05-15 9:45 AM

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY

Hi Nathalie,

Welcome to BT. I live in Fairport. I probably rode by your house yesterday.

Let me know if I can answer any questions about the site or about triathlon in the Rochester area.

2006-05-15 9:54 AM

User image

Veteran
you problably rode to my house. I live on salt rd close to 441. A great spot for riding. In fact me and my husband use salt rd a a "time trial" speed workout. Lake rd is fun too. We also do the perinton classic route for a hill workout. I'm lucky to live a really neat biking location. Lots of different terrain to choose from . You problably have lots of good routes too. I'm always looking to find different routes. Tell me about your favorites routes. I have the half-ironman in July and plan to do the lowlander in September so i need some good 30-60 miles rides. I think i'm going to like this website
2006-05-15 12:03 PM

User image

Expert
New Port Richey

HI Nathalie,

I live in Irondequoit and work in Fairport. I don't have a favorite bike route but my favorite running route is down through Durand Eastman and Titus Ave.  Have you done any RBRS with the RATS.

2006-05-15 12:10 PM
in reply to: #423910

User image

Champion
Fairport, NY

Small world. I ride by your house at least once a week and live right next the Spring Classic route. I ride a yellow Cervelo. I have links to some routes I use in my training log.

I like to use the Perinton Parkway as a TT route, there isn't as much traffic as Salt road. Around Canandaigua lake is a great ride, it's about 50 miles with a couple of really good hills. There's also an organized open water swim there on Friday evenings in the summer.

I just shipped my bike to FL for the Disney HIM, but when I get back we should see about getting a group of local BTer's together for some rides. There's always the RATS Run-Bike-Runs on Tuesdays in Webster too.

2006-05-15 12:25 PM
in reply to: #423896

User image

Veteran
West Henrietta, NY

Hi Nathalie,

I'm Chris, I'm down on the South side in Henrietta.  Great to see another from the area.  Lets hope that some day we can all get together for a ride.  I see you're going to do the Musselman and Kueka, I'm not doing either of those two but I wish you the best for them.  My current races are Pittsford (June 4), Tri in the Buff (July 2) and Finger Lakes (Sept. 10), I'm also working on some road races to fill some of the gaps.

Chris.

2006-05-15 12:45 PM

User image

Veteran
It's neat to see that there's local people on this website. I want to update my profile too . I missed a few steps i think. I'm looking forward to my first tri this year which is the keuka oly. I'm training right now on musselman half-iron as my A race. I just started to follow a set training plan. I was following the advice of a personal trainer of the gym i belong too but i felt that he doesn't have a set plan for me and my biggest problem is doing more than i need to do. Last week i started to feel depressed and sore and realize after comparing my schedule to a half-ironman training plan in the same week that i was doing way more than needed so i scale back last week and this week and even though i'm itching to do more ; i feel good and strong. So i got my workouts done already. 45/15 brick this morning followed by 30min of drills in the pool and some core/abs exercise. looks like it's going to rain this week a lot but i will still do my rides outside. Spinning is ok but nothing compares to the real thing. Have a good day everybody.
2006-05-15 8:07 PM
in reply to: #424157

User image

Bob
Binghamton, NY

I am wishing I lived in Rochester right now. I feel like an outsider. :-)

It will be great to put some faces to names this summer! Iam excited about Keuka and starting the season off, hope to see you all there.

(It will be nice to have a few warm nights and 80-90 degree days before then to get the water out of the 40's!!!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » new from rochester ny Rss Feed